Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 01-05-2016

Whitechappel TV series is pretty cool Luther/Ripperstreet kind of a thing.

RE: TV Series Thread - samtheman - 01-06-2016

@Banda: I couldn't really get myself to enjoy "Luther" unfortunately. As nuffa said probably due to high standards set by "Sherlock". The murders were just like any other crime drama I have seen. Murderer is always shown, so there are no twists at the end. Also I didn't care much about what happens to Luther. The acting of Alice is very good though, and dynamics between her and Luther is intriguing, but not enough to watch the whole series just for that. Better off watching some Alice/Luther tribute video on you tube. Just my personal opinion. Thanks for recommendation anyway.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 03:34 AM)samtheman Wrote:  @Banda: I couldn't really get myself to enjoy "Luther" unfortunately. As nuffa said probably due to high standards set by "Sherlock". The murders were just like any other crime drama I have seen. Murderer is always shown, so there are no twists at the end. Also I didn't care much about what happens to Luther. The acting of Alice is  very good though, and dynamics between her and Luther is intriguing, but not enough to watch the whole series just for that. Better off watching some Alice/Luther tribute video on you tube. Just my personal opinion. Thanks for recommendation anyway.

well thts a shame, edris elba as luther is simply breathtaking to watch on the screen. just such a powerhouse performance.

i think you're missing out by not sticking to it.

and to be fair, the murderers were pretty fkn weird.

RE: TV Series Thread - samtheman - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 03:48 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(01-06-2016, 03:34 AM)samtheman Wrote:  @Banda: I couldn't really get myself to enjoy "Luther" unfortunately. As nuffa said probably due to high standards set by "Sherlock". The murders were just like any other crime drama I have seen. Murderer is always shown, so there are no twists at the end. Also I didn't care much about what happens to Luther. The acting of Alice is  very good though, and dynamics between her and Luther is intriguing, but not enough to watch the whole series just for that. Better off watching some Alice/Luther tribute video on you tube. Just my personal opinion. Thanks for recommendation anyway.

well thts a shame, edris elba as luther is simply breathtaking to watch on the screen. just such a powerhouse performance.

Yes Luther's acting is flawless, but the side stories were really not interesting to me. In the season 1 finale, when Luther itself becomes the target then it was lot more interesting, but the not the side stories with other murderers. I think you and Banda recommended "elementary" to me, that show was lot more interesting in terms of o ther murders. Murderers were weird, but I have seen similar cases in elementary and cold case series, so not that refreshing. Show only got exciting when stuff was happening to Luther, also I felt it is best served as a 40 min show, eventhough is stretched to one hour due to no ads in BBC.

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 01-06-2016

Obviously Sherlock is one of a kind. It sets high standards.

Still following Elementary. It's less complicated but fun.

(01-06-2016, 03:58 AM)samtheman Wrote:  
(01-06-2016, 03:48 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  well thts a shame, edris elba as luther is simply breathtaking to watch on the screen. just such a powerhouse performance.

Yes Luther's acting is flawless, but the side stories were really not interesting to me. In the season 1 finale, when Luther itself becomes the target then it was lot more interesting, but the not the side stories with other murderers. I think you and Banda recommended "elementary" to me, that show was lot more interesting in terms of o ther murders. Murderers were weird, but I have seen similar cases in elementary and cold case series, so not that refreshing. Show only got exciting when stuff was happening to Luther, also I felt it is best served as a 40 min show, eventhough is stretched to one hour due to no ads in BBC.

I agree on that count. It suffers from the Hannibal series flaw for me. Not sure if you've watched Hannibal but I love that show to death. It also had episodic items to solve but the deeper narrative was Hannibal and Will Grahams story. Which in S3 was just dynamite. Also its direction and cinematography was utterly brilliant. Once they moved on from episodic stuff, and focused on Hannibal. OH MAN. Mads Mikkelsen is brilliant in this. So is Hugh Dancy.

Its a good show to watch as well.

On Luther, still found it compelling enough to finish off 3 seasons. 4 was not good for me.

Any Shamless US fans. Love that show

I used to watch Elementary but then found it too routine.

RE: TV Series Thread - McLovin - 01-06-2016

Narcos was pretty good I thought.

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 01-06-2016

Narcos was awesome Rockon