Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - ApoCrypto - 12-28-2016

(12-28-2016, 12:18 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(12-27-2016, 10:56 PM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  I got a mini boner watching Westworld finale but so mindfked, how many timelines are there running parallelly?

Its such an awesome finale tho.

I am still a bit mindfucked. I reckon I need to rewatch the entire season again top to bottom. I am not sure how many timeslines there are.. are we sure there is more than 1 ?

i thought what the show did was, absolutely brilliantly, was tell the story , in 1 timeline but , out of order, and told us the story as though it was all happening at the same time..

But one thing I got from the finale is ford considers the hosts to be the next stage in evolution, humans are like dinosaurs who's going to become extinct (as said by dolores) and this finale was fords foundation to the master plan

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 12-28-2016

(12-28-2016, 12:29 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  
(12-28-2016, 12:18 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  Its such an awesome finale tho.

I am still a bit mindfucked. I reckon I need to rewatch the entire season again top to bottom. I am not sure how many timeslines there are.. are we sure there is more than 1 ?

i thought what the show did was, absolutely brilliantly, was tell the story , in 1 timeline but , out of order, and told us the story as though it was all happening at the same time..

Ya by timeline I meant out of order, they have scenes from different times/years in the same sequence interspersed intentionally to confuse us.

This video explains the timelines well

i think there are maybe 3 or 4 time periods

before the park began
-arnold and ford make the park
-arnold figures out the hosts are conscious
-massacre

park opens
-william and logan arrive

current events
-mid trying to find the maze etc

(12-28-2016, 12:32 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  
(12-28-2016, 12:18 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  Its such an awesome finale tho.

But one thing I got from the finale is ford considers the hosts to be the next stage in evolution, humans are like dinosaurs who's going to become extinct (as said by dolores) and this finale was fords foundation to the master plan

yea the other interesting thing is all that stuff about the code being sent out of the park..remember theresa was doing this supposedly..

but in the finale, maeve gets on the train but leaves her bag on the train when she gets out of it. i think that was ford getting more stuff out of the park.

so there must be someone on the outside who he is passing this stuff down to..maybe has has another host to take over..or made a copy of himself??

its samurai world time!

(12-28-2016, 12:38 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(12-28-2016, 12:29 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  Ya by timeline I meant out of order, they have scenes from different times/years in the same sequence interspersed intentionally to confuse us.

This video explains the timelines well

i think there are maybe 3 or 4 time periods

before the park began (2015-2018)
-massacre

park opens (2022)

current events (2052)

These are the years quoted in the video which they got from a deleted video from delos westworld site. I want to see more of the back story why william changed to the man in black, it cant just be the park, there has to be more past encounters with dolores in the 2nd season

(12-28-2016, 12:43 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  
(12-28-2016, 12:38 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  i think there are maybe 3 or 4 time periods

before the park began (2015-2018)
-massacre

park opens (2022)

current events (2052)

These are the years quoted in the video which they got from a deleted video from delos westworld site. I want to see more of the back story why william changed to the man in black, it cant just be the park, there has to be more past encounters with dolores in the 2nd season

yea i think s2 will still use this technique, so it will probably swap between hosts taking over, and how william became such a ******...

i think the conclusion is what a brilliant show. this has Lost vibes. i hope they wrap it up before it takes a turn for the worse liek Lost did after s4 although I still love that show

watched the video, thanks apo. good summary..

I hsavent watched lost Spy

(12-28-2016, 12:56 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  I hsavent watched lost Spy

im sure there will be lots of ppl that will say its a waste of time, mostly cuz of the end but it such a great mystery scifi show.

(12-28-2016, 12:57 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(12-28-2016, 12:56 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  I hsavent watched lost Spy

im sure there will be lots of ppl that will say its a waste of time, mostly cuz of the end but it such a great mystery scifi show.

Whats the premise of the show, im not interested if its survival kind of show

(12-28-2016, 01:03 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  
(12-28-2016, 12:57 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  im sure there will be lots of ppl that will say its a waste of time, mostly cuz of the end but it such a great mystery scifi show.

Whats the premise of the show, im not interested if its survival kind of show

a plane crashes onto an island. and they try to survive, but the island has lots of weird stuff happening on it. watch the pilot.

then we get back stories of the characters that survive - the best part of the show. and bit by bit the mysteries of the island are revealed..