Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - sl boy - 12-28-2014

Anyone tried this tv series? Reviews are pretty damn good.

High Maintenance  - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2514438/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_7

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 12-28-2014

watched 3 eps of marco polo

not impressed, acting is average at best, story line seems a bit far fetched, but i guess its artistic liberties since we dont know wtf marco polo got up to in the first place.

eps are long 1hr, but they are draggy and you feel like you want to see the story develop. at least if the acting and plots were more interesting it wont be as draggy.

so its not a good screenplay. production seems a little cheap in some scenes.

best part of the show so far is kublai khan, the actor playing him is very good.

and chinese titties does not hurt i guess. but its a cheap trick

comparatively, something like vikings which is this shows equal, is far far ahead.

RE: TV Series Thread - SimplePass - 12-29-2014

well i didnt even realize homeland finished last week. what a disappointing finale.

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 12-29-2014

Haven't even started watching it. Will read the reviews here and decide...

RE: TV Series Thread - Charu26 - 12-29-2014

(12-28-2014, 07:57 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  watched 3 eps of marco polo

not impressed, acting is average at best, story line seems a bit far fetched, but i guess its artistic liberties since we dont know wtf marco polo got up to in the first place.

eps are long 1hr, but they are draggy and you feel like you want to see the story develop. at least if the acting and plots were more interesting it wont be as draggy.

best part of the show so far is kublai khan, the actor playing him is very good.

comparatively, something like vikings which is this shows equal, is far far ahead.

True, Kublai Khan's acting is superb, and no complains regarding the chaw titties, but you feel its a drag. But will give the whole season a go, mainly cos i dont have anything else to watch atm

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 12-29-2014

If you don't mind a love story/drama watch- the affair

RE: TV Series Thread - Black_Hawk - 12-29-2014

(12-28-2014, 07:57 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  watched 3 eps of marco polo

It's like they're half-heartedly trying to make a GOT clone with all the nudity but the story and acting are pretty lame.

RE: TV Series Thread - Kiri - 12-29-2014

(12-26-2014, 06:17 AM)SunJ Wrote:  just finished The Legend of Korra, good depth of themes, can't believe how far they pushed the envelope in the finale for a series produced by Nickelodeon.

Korra was great. The first series was perfect though. They covered every base from characters to the storyline where they cut off all lose ends.

but Korra got the finale it deserved I guess.

RE: TV Series Thread - Kiri - 12-29-2014

Any of you watched the BBC series Sherlock? The best british TV show out there.

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 12-29-2014

(12-29-2014, 01:52 PM)Kiri Wrote:  Any of you watched the BBC series Sherlock? The best british TV show out there.

Kiri seems to be catching up with things, soon he can be a part of the cool gang Spy