Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 02-09-2017

SCIENCE, BITCH!

BILL NYE IS BACK!

[/video]

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 02-10-2017

Watches Stranger Things.

It's OK, but I'm not THAT impressed. First of all it's a bit hard to buy into the premise, and even if you do, there were too many cliches. Especially the alternate world thing was just too many used up a plot and too thing.

The chemistry between the kids was great though and they played their roles well, chief was brills too.

RE: TV Series Thread - ApoCrypto - 02-10-2017

(02-10-2017, 08:15 AM)The One Wrote:  Watches Stranger Things.

It's OK, but I'm not THAT impressed. First of all it's a bit hard to buy into the premise, and even if you do, there were too many cliches. Especially the alternate world thing was just too many used up a plot and too thing.

The chemistry between the kids was great though and they played their roles well, chief was brills too.

The show isn't really about the plot, it's about the nostalgic feel of the scifis from 80s like ET, Alien etc. It actually rips off a lot from those stuff but that is the appeal. It's not a masterpiece, it's just very good entertainment.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 02-10-2017

(02-10-2017, 08:15 AM)The One Wrote:  Watches Stranger Things.

Dodgy

(02-10-2017, 08:24 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  

The show isn't really about the plot, it's about the nostalgic feel of the scifis from 80s like ET, Alien etc. It actually rips off a lot from those stuff but that is the appeal. It's not a masterpiece, it's just very good entertainment.

This

TO missed the point entirely about why it was a hit

Thaniya just wants everything to be a masterpiece and highly original without enjoying some good entertainment. Too much science obsession can do this to people

I actually loved the art direction in stranger things, a different kind of experience

(02-10-2017, 08:24 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  

I agree, and actually I liked the bits about the 80s bits. There were SO many references to 80s movies, basically its a collection of Spielberg movies packed into a TV show.
Overall it was just OK, at no point you go "gee what's going to happen next", and I'm not even particularly excited for the next season.

You can't really go around expecting everything to be B B

(02-10-2017, 08:25 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(02-10-2017, 08:24 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  The show isn't really about the plot, it's about the nostalgic feel of the scifis from 80s like ET, Alien etc. It actually rips off a lot from those stuff but that is the appeal. It's not a masterpiece, it's just very good entertainment.

This

TO missed the point entirely about why it was a hit

(02-10-2017, 08:26 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  Thaniya just wants everything to be a masterpiece and highly original without enjoying some good entertainment. Too much science obsession can do this to people

What are you guys talking about, did I say it was a bad show. I just said I'm not impressed all that much, it was OK for me but not too impressive.