Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 04-08-2018

(04-08-2018, 06:41 PM)JamisBanda Wrote:  Started watching The Handmaid’s Tale

Depressing shuff, but after one epi kind of  got hooked up, but 3-4 episodes down th eline nothing seem to be changing, just the same theme over and over, hope something exciting will happen soon otherwise I'll have to give up on this.

It’s good stuff keep going

S2 is about to start

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 04-08-2018

(03-12-2018, 05:03 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  Everyone get on to The Looming Tower

Mini series. V good.

This is seriously good

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 04-08-2018

Counterpart - Watch the first episode without reading about the show. You'll be surprised. Finished the season. It has potential to go on.

Altered Carbon - It's very good as TO said.

Legion - Season 2 is on. You sci-fi boys might love it.

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 04-09-2018

(04-08-2018, 07:29 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(04-08-2018, 06:41 PM)JamisBanda Wrote:  Started watching The Handmaid’s Tale

Depressing shuff, but after one epi kind of  got hooked up, but 3-4 episodes down th eline nothing seem to be changing, just the same theme over and over, hope something exciting will happen soon otherwise I'll have to give up on this.

It’s good stuff keep going

S2 is about to start

Finished season 1 , good stuff.  Elisabeth Moss is brilliant, she was pretty good in Mad men too. 

Started on left overs , it's a bit meh, bit low quality when you compare with the top end TV stuff. Not much of a story either after 1 episode but will give it a try for another couple of more episodes , I get the feeling it's not something I'm going to stick with. 

Good cast though.

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 04-09-2018

Watched couple of epis on Leftovers, waste of time.

Too confusing , and can't be bothered to invest time to figure things out because it's boring as fk. 

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 04-09-2018

The Leftovers is the most rewarding show with an exceptional pay off in 3 seasons. It's seriously top quality. I completely forgot to include it on Bada's list and I was cursing myself for days. Got an earful for the Mrs about that when I told her. She's a massive fan too.

But as I say to everyone..YOU HAVE TO GET THROUGH THE FIRST SEASON.

There is no crazy mystery stuff to figure out tbh. It all unfolds for you. And as with all Lindeloff stuff, it's about the people, not the mystery. But yea it's not for everyone. But I pushed it up to my top 3 when it finished S3

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 04-09-2018

(04-09-2018, 12:07 AM)JamisBanda Wrote:  
(04-08-2018, 07:29 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  It’s good stuff keep going

S2 is about to start

Finished season 1 , good stuff.  Elisabeth Moss is brilliant, she was pretty good in Mad men too. 

Started on left overs , it's a bit meh, bit low quality when you compare with the top end TV stuff. Not much of a story either after 1 episode but will give it a try for another couple of more episodes , I get the feeling it's not something I'm going to stick with. 

Good cast though.

Go watch Alias Grace now..it's also based on a book by the same person who wrote Handmaids Tale. Similar themes.

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 04-09-2018

(04-09-2018, 12:07 AM)JamisBanda Wrote:  
(04-08-2018, 07:29 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  It’s good stuff keep going

S2 is about to start

Good cast though.

I had the same feeling about Leftovers, but stick with it. Admittedly the frist few eps are hard to get through but once you do i'ts brilliant.

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 04-09-2018

(04-09-2018, 02:08 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  The Leftovers is the most rewarding show with an exceptional pay off in 3 seasons. It's seriously top quality. I completely forgot to include it on Bada's list and I was cursing myself for days. Got an earful for the Mrs about that when I told her. She's a massive fan too.

But as I say to everyone..YOU HAVE TO GET THROUGH THE FIRST SEASON.

There is no crazy mystery stuff to figure out tbh. It all unfolds for you. And as with all Lindeloff stuff, it's about the people, not the mystery. But yea it's not for everyone. But I pushed it up to my top 3 when it finished S3

This.

Just like BB is not about poor high school teachers turned meth cook cuz he got cancer, Leftovers is far from just being a sci-fi about some mystery. It's actually about human connections, religion and faith, and how attachments cause people all sorts of grief. Agree it's not for everyone, but giving it up cuz couple of eps are boring is a tragedy.

RE: TV Series Thread - Randy - 04-09-2018

That's leftovers. Nothing worth watching there JB. These drama queens are forcefully pulling you to get in to the pink bloc.