Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 09:27 PM)Real Sanga Wrote:  
(12-04-2018, 08:56 PM)pj57 Wrote:  No one talks about WB and IMF debt traps which comes with conditions that violate the fundamental rights of sovereign nations. Chinese dominance is a major worry to the West, so they have coined the term "Chinese debt trap". China never gets involved in internal affairs of other countries whereas the West not only gets involved uninvited but destroy countries to suit their agenda....Egypt, Libya and Haiti are classic examples.

Well said.

Not sure how this is not apperent to some of our political experts who always has an opinion without knowing actual facts.

Whatever white media say we beleive!!!

TO, ofcourse from US and will defend any shit they do like a true non relegious democracy for Food American.

China may or may not get involved with the internal politics of a country directly but they do indirectly because once they provide a loan they are in total control over future negotiations related to trade and contracts. Just see what is happening with Africa. I think China loans out more money than the ADB and the World Bank in some regions.

This is the "Chinese debt trap", coupled with how China does not really have a policy against corruption or bribes etc they will leverage the hell out of major construction deals. It happens all over the world. Once again - I have no issue with this, just trying to point out that this is where the term comes from as far as I know.

I have no real issue with this at all and I don't lean towards any political side on this.. Media likes to coin terms, that is what they do. And obviously there is some truth to what a Loan from China actually means.

But I am really really starting to tire of your attitude @ RS. TO simply posted the synopsis of a future TV programme, which I am certain you have never seen. You pick up on a simple common term and then go on to talk yourself up about how everyone just believes the white media or something. Seriously dude, how about you stop living with a chip on your shoulder.

RE: TV Series Thread - pj57 - 12-04-2018

So there is only truth in what a loan from China actually means.......that means the conditions put by the WB and IMF are just false. Why only a "Chinese debt trap", why not talk about WB and IMF debt traps that are not only traps that take away the fundamental rights of sovereign nations but also destroys the whole infrastructure of such nations to suit the agenda of the West.

I am sick of hearing this thing about "Oh, that's what the media do" and we have live with it. What makes you think we have to live with all the one sided BS they come up with. Countries that don't agree with the ideology of the West are completely destroyed beyond any salvage but the media completely ignores it after a while and concentrating attacking countries that don't agree with the West. If you weigh up the options.....would you go with China that take control of future contracts or go with a West that takes everything you have and then destroy the country for good measure.

(12-04-2018, 10:47 PM)pj57 Wrote:  So there is only truth in what a loan from China actually means.......that means the conditions put by the WB and IMF are just false. Why only a "Chinese debt trap", why not talk about WB and IMF debt traps that are not only traps that take away the fundamental rights of sovereign nations but also destroys the whole infrastructure of such nations to suit the agenda of the West.

I am sick of hearing this thing about "Oh, that's what the media do" and we have live with it. What makes you think we have to live with all the one sided BS they come up with. Countries that don't agree with the ideology of the West are completely destroyed beyond any salvage but the media completely ignores it after a while and concentrating attacking countries that don't agree with the West. If you weigh up the options.....would you go with China that take control of future contracts or go with a West that takes everything you have and then destroy the country for good measure.

As said in my post..this is you and RS trying to impose your world-weary views on this topic. I simply do not care whether it's called the Chinese debt trap or the Chinese magic money gravy train. It does not bother me one flying bit what it is called. And I never said other types of loans are not without isuses etc. It's all the same BS PJ, we know.

No one has even seen the content of this episode yet and we are falling over a heap about it  Big Grin and I don't know why any of the producers need to focus on making a show they don't want to. They write and produce the show they want. You don't have to watch it or agree with it ? If you've ever seen Oliver, Colbert, Stewart, it's more about opening up a discussion on topics than actually grandstanding on some issue.. so yea whatevs.

But I like that has revved up the old batteries and gotten you to post on this thread though  Rolleyes

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 12-04-2018

lol are these two serious? I simply mentioned there’s going to be an episode in a TV show about SL and I’m looking forward to it, you’v already formed your opinions on it even before seeing it and are criticizing me for supporting something?

(12-04-2018, 11:06 PM)The One Wrote:  lol are these two serious? I simply mentioned there’s going to be an episode in a TV show about SL and I’m looking forward to it, you’v already formed your opinions on it even before seeing it and are criticizing me for supporting something?

Wow you sound like a fkn gun loving, trump supporter in this post. I bet your party is the UNP in SL ?

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 12-04-2018

Mugs I thought you agreed to keep my UNP affiliations secret. Guess it’s time to release those compromising photos.

(12-04-2018, 11:05 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(12-04-2018, 10:47 PM)pj57 Wrote:  So there is only truth in what a loan from China actually means.......that means the conditions put by the WB and IMF are just false. Why only a "Chinese debt trap", why not talk about WB and IMF debt traps that are not only traps that take away the fundamental rights of sovereign nations but also destroys the whole infrastructure of such nations to suit the agenda of the West.

As said in my post..this is you and RS trying to impose your world-weary views on this topic. I simply do not care whether it's called the Chinese debt trap or the Chinese magic money gravy train. It does not bother me one flying bit what it is called. And I never said other types of loans are not without isuses etc. It's all the same BS PJ, we know.

No one has even seen the content of this episode yet and we are falling over a heap about it  Big Grin and I don't know why any of the producers need to focus on making a show they don't want to. They write and produce the show they want. You don't have to watch it or agree with it ? If you've ever seen Oliver, Colbert, Stewart, it's more about opening up a discussion on topics than actually grandstanding on some issue.. so yea whatevs.

But I like that has revved up the old batteries and gotten you to post on this thread though  Rolleyes

Get over it Mugs, I am not trying to impose my views on this topic but am I not entitled to give my opinion without you saying it's been imposed on you. You guys get tickled very easily when an opinion is different to yours.

(12-04-2018, 11:21 PM)pj57 Wrote:  
(12-04-2018, 11:05 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  As said in my post..this is you and RS trying to impose your world-weary views on this topic. I simply do not care whether it's called the Chinese debt trap or the Chinese magic money gravy train. It does not bother me one flying bit what it is called. And I never said other types of loans are not without isuses etc. It's all the same BS PJ, we know.

Get over it Mugs, I am not trying to impose my views on this topic but am I not entitled to give my opinion without you saying it's been imposed on you. You guys get tickled very easily when an opinion is different to yours.

Aren't you the one who is ticked silly by TO casually mentioning the synopsis of a yet be aired Ep of a show you've never seen?

Rolleyes

(12-04-2018, 11:34 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(12-04-2018, 11:21 PM)pj57 Wrote:  Get over it Mugs, I am not trying to impose my views on this topic but am I not entitled to give my opinion without you saying it's been imposed on you. You guys get tickled very easily when an opinion is different to yours.

Aren't you the one who is ticked silly by TO casually mentioning the synopsis of a yet be aired Ep of a show you've never seen?

Rolleyes

I didn't say a word about what is to be aired, I was only giving my opinion on the so called "Chinese debt trap".

(12-04-2018, 11:39 PM)pj57 Wrote:  
(12-04-2018, 11:34 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  Aren't you the one who is ticked silly by TO casually mentioning the synopsis of a yet be aired Ep of a show you've never seen?

Rolleyes

I didn't say a word about what is to be aired, I was only giving my opinion on the so called "Chinese debt trap".

You only voiced it because TO said the ep is about the "Chinese debt trap", then went off all over shop about the media etc. It is quite obvious you've been triggered by TO's post.