Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - pj57 - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 11:43 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(12-04-2018, 11:39 PM)pj57 Wrote:  I didn't say a word about what is to be aired, I was only giving my opinion on the so called "Chinese debt trap".

You only voiced it because TO said the ep is about the "Chinese debt trap", then went off all over shop about the media etc. It is quite obvious you've been triggered by TO's post.

Are you trying impose this view on me Rolleyes

RE: TV Series Thread - Charu26 - 12-04-2018

Can we please stick to the topic please. Doh

RE: TV Series Thread - Real Sanga - 12-05-2018

(12-04-2018, 10:19 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(12-04-2018, 09:27 PM)Real Sanga Wrote:  Well said.

Not sure how this is not apperent to some of our political experts who always has an opinion without knowing actual facts.

Whatever white media say we beleive!!!

TO, ofcourse from US and will defend any shit they do like a true non relegious democracy for Food American.

China may or may not get involved with the internal politics of a country directly but they do indirectly because once they provide a loan they are in total control over future negotiations related to trade and contracts. Just see what is happening with Africa. I think China loans out more money than the ADB and the World Bank in some regions.

This is the "Chinese debt trap", coupled with how China does not really have a policy against corruption or bribes etc they will leverage the hell out of major construction deals. It happens all over the world. Once again - I have no issue with this, just trying to point out that this is where the term comes from as far as I know.

I have no real issue with this at all and I don't lean towards any political side on this.. Media likes to coin terms, that is what they do. And obviously there is some truth to what a Loan from China actually means.

But I am really really starting to tire of your attitude @ RS. TO simply posted the synopsis of a future TV programme, which I am certain you have never seen. You pick up on a simple common term and then go on to talk yourself up about how everyone just believes the white media or something. Seriously dude, how about you stop living with a chip on your shoulder.

What is the attitude issue here mugs? Look at my first response or two fwend. I said sri lanka only owes china about 10% of their total debt. Hence the topic Debt Trap is hilarious when you consider SL and China. No need to watch the programme to tell that the topic is crap.

And yeh, it is not a secrect that there are few who depend on those white media to look at sri lanka. You don’t need to watch this or read this thread to say that. I was in this forum for years too, not like i just joined.

And similarly i am tired of some of other memebers’ attitudes like repeated jokes about a embassy work. I just don’t complain. Take em as jokes and move on.

Btw, Pijja had replied to the reat of your post.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 12-05-2018

(12-05-2018, 12:57 AM)Real Sanga Wrote:  
(12-04-2018, 10:19 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  China may or may not get involved with the internal politics of a country directly but they do indirectly because once they provide a loan they are in total control over future negotiations related to trade and contracts. Just see what is happening with Africa. I think China loans out more money than the ADB and the World Bank in some regions.

This is the "Chinese debt trap", coupled with how China does not really have a policy against corruption or bribes etc they will leverage the hell out of major construction deals. It happens all over the world. Once again - I have no issue with this, just trying to point out that this is where the term comes from as far as I know.

I have no real issue with this at all and I don't lean towards any political side on this.. Media likes to coin terms, that is what they do. And obviously there is some truth to what a Loan from China actually means.

But I am really really starting to tire of your attitude @ RS. TO simply posted the synopsis of a future TV programme, which I am certain you have never seen. You pick up on a simple common term and then go on to talk yourself up about how everyone just believes the white media or something. Seriously dude, how about you stop living with a chip on your shoulder.

What is the attitude issue here mugs? Look at my first response or two fwend. I said sri lanka only owes china about 10% of their total debt. Hence the topic Debt Trap is hilarious when you consider SL and China. No need to watch the programme to tell that the topic is crap.

And yeh, it is not a secrect that there are few who depend on those white media to look at sri lanka. You don’t need to watch this or read this thread to say that. I was in this forum for years too, not like i just joined.

And similarly i am tired of some of other memebers’ attitudes like repeated jokes about a embassy work. I just don’t complain. Take em as jokes and move on.

Btw, Pijja had replied to the reat of your post.

(12-04-2018, 11:53 PM)Charu26 Wrote:  Can we please stick to the topic please. Doh

RE: TV Series Thread - Real Sanga - 12-05-2018

Raawana on Derana TV - is it any good?

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 12-12-2018

Finished Homecoming

I enjoyed it. Good series. Julia Roberts is very good in this

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7008682/
Good intentions. Erratic bosses. Mounting paranoia. Unforeseen consequences spiraling out of control. Heidi (Julia Roberts) works at Homecoming, a facility helping soldiers transition to civilian life. Years later she has started a new life, when the Department of Defense questions why she left Homecoming. Heidi realizes there's a whole other story behind the one she's been telling herself.

RE: TV Series Thread - MoK - 12-13-2018

LOL WTF!! This looks epic!

RE: TV Series Thread - nuffa - 12-13-2018

(12-13-2018, 03:41 PM)MoK Wrote:  LOL WTF!! This looks epic!

omg. hahaha. Have seen a few small clips of this before. Didn't know it was this epic. Big Grin

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 12-15-2018

I'm watching Orphan Black.

How is this woman only won one Emmy so far? she is amazing and overall it keeps you on the edge, much underated TV series I think.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 12-15-2018

(12-15-2018, 08:56 PM)JamisBanda Wrote:  I'm watching Orphan Black.

How is this woman only won one Emmy so far? she is amazing and overall it keeps you on the edge, much underated TV series I think.

I’ve not seen it but it was a big show when it was on.

Highly rated