Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 06-24-2019

(06-24-2019, 07:20 AM)JamisBanda Wrote:  Tha Handmaid's tale season three is getting too depressing to watch, I think I'm going to give up, it's not fun watching something getting depressing episode by episode , will read the plot after season has ended. 

Didn't know you watched.

I was going to post here and say that it keeps getting better. Yeah it's depressing, but there were so many small moments in the story which were brilliant writing and directing. Also, great acting from Moss and the woman who plays Serena. I love how it's written, that June is somehow placing herself in situations of power, and still every step is also two steps backward.

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 06-24-2019

Yeah it's very good but too depressing for my taste, two different things. 

Life is depressing enough I just don't want to watch a TV series which gets depressing by the day no matter how good it is 

I'll read the story and binge it once it's over if there is a satisfying ending. 

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 06-24-2019

Yea it is very Bleak. And to be honest I think the show is slowly burning out a bit. Moss is great as ever but I am kind of getting fed up of the million different close-up shots of her face they do now. I think it's effective when they hold it back. Strahovski is probably my fav actor on the show over Moss too in the last 2 seasons.

I haven't seen ep 5 yet I think. At this stage, I am more interested in the Gilead story than June's personal story.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 06-24-2019

I highly recommend Barry.

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 07-09-2019

Watched Russian Doll and it's pretty brilliant. Natasha Lyonne nails it, although her character is pretty much exactly the same as that in Orange is the New Black. Lovely little show, fast pace, funny, and exciting.

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 07-15-2019

Good Omens is fun

RE: TV Series Thread - Dilcey - 07-15-2019

Started on sex education. Thought it wss American pie style tv series. But some super impressive actung by the main 3

Maeve is super hot, looks a lot ljke margo
Her acting is top notch

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 07-18-2019

Last few eps of Handmaid's Tale went downhill pretty fast IMO.
SPOILERS here so don't read if you've not watched latest stuff.

I think it started with that visit to the DC, that's when it seemed like writers were out of ideas. The mouth-ring handmaids seemed like something that's completely done for the shock values as it makes zero sense. It's not consistent with the rest of the HT world; handmaids may be treated shitty, but they're the most important 'commodity' in Gilead, that's why despite doing a shitload June continues to get away with it because she's too valuable to dispose. That's why Emily even gets a second gig, so to speak. But this just doesn't make sense; what do you do if you want to sneeze, cough, or yawn? You can't take that thing out that fast. And do you take it out to eat or do you only eat non-solid food; considering they're going to be raising babies the second doesn't make sense, and if they keep taking them on and off that seems like a great way to die off infections, again something Gilead doesn't want. The mouth-covering clothing was enough, you didn't need to go that far.

And WTF is with June. She's kinda become insufferable, all she wants is her daughter back and she basically killed two women for that. If it's done to show that Gilead makes everyone become part of it, by getting them to do what they do, I don't think that works. We're basically exactly where we were at the beginning of the show; instead of just wanting to get her kid out now she wants many kids out, and we wasted 9 episodes for that? And still she's no idea how to do it. I thought the angle about her working his new Commander seemed good at first but they didn't do anything with it and we're back to square one.

Sad to say this, I don't see it recovering from here. What a pity.

RE: TV Series Thread - nuffa - 07-21-2019

RE: TV Series Thread - MoK - 08-02-2019

Watching this at the moment and it's terrific so far: