Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 09-23-2019

That new netflix Bill Gates docco that popped up looks very good

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 09-23-2019

Netflix TV series called Dark is pretty awesome, it's German but dubbed and subbed in English.

It's about time traveling, great story lines and top acting. 

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 09-23-2019

(09-23-2019, 06:40 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  Don't they submit like an ep or 2 for critics appraisal for these awards? I don't think the entire season is looked at in that way like we see it for these award considerations.. Could be wrong..

Didn't BB only really get noticed a bit late in the game for awards ? Agree BSC is exceptional as a show.

That's for individual awards which is why the episode is mentioned for best actor, director, etc.

Quote:Entries must be submitted by the end of April, even if a show is not scheduled to originally air until the following month when the eligibility period ends in May. Most award categories also require entries to include DVDs or tape masters of the show. For most series categories, any six episodes that originally aired during the eligibility period must be submitted (programs that were cancelled before airing their sixth episode are thus ineligible). For most individual achievement categories, only one episode is required to be submitted; if an episode is a two-parter, both parts may be included on the submitted DVD.

Ballots to select the nominations are sent to Academy members in June. For most categories, members from each of the branches vote to determine the nominees only in their respective categories. All members can however vote for nominations in the best program categories. The final voting poll to determine the winners is held in August, and is done by judging panels. In June, the Academy solicits volunteers among its active members to serve on these panels. All active members may serve on the program panels; otherwise they are restricted to those categories within their own branch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primetime_Emmy_Award#Rules

Damn Fleabag cleaned up!

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is such an epic talent

So many British winners.

I Tried to like fleebag

Just can't 

(09-23-2019, 02:13 PM)JamisBanda Wrote:  I Tried to like fleebag

Just can't 

Shame

Mrs and I love it

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 09-23-2019

(09-23-2019, 08:12 AM)JamisBanda Wrote:  Netflix TV series called Dark is pretty awesome, it's German but dubbed and subbed in English.

Watched the first season, was pretty good and seemed to handle time travel better than most, didn't yet have time for S2. Wish it was subtitles though, dubbed voices are so bad.

(09-23-2019, 04:24 PM)The One Wrote:  
(09-23-2019, 08:12 AM)JamisBanda Wrote:  Netflix TV series called Dark is pretty awesome, it's German but dubbed and subbed in English.

Watched the first season, was pretty good and seemed to handle time travel better than most, didn't yet have time for S2. Wish it was subtitles though, dubbed voices are so bad.

You don't have the option to choose your dubbing or subtitles in Netfilx over there? We can choose all kinds of languages or keep the original over here.

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 09-24-2019

You can easily find torrents with German audio and English subtitles. Can't remember the last time I watched anything dubbed since Soora Pappa.

[Image: Tor-1.png]

[Image: Tor.png]

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 09-24-2019

I don't find the dubbing bad on that though, makes it easy to follow it while doing something else on the pc. Otherwise you got to keep reading the subs which is not ideal.