Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 06:31 PM)JamisBanda Wrote:  Stopped watching homeland after 3rd season,  do I need to watch every season to get the ongoing story   or can I watch  last season on it's own?

At least you need to watch S7 and 8 I think.
There's running thread going back to about S5 but if you watch 7 and 8 you can probably catch the gist of it. Maybe watch a quick recaps on YouTube for each sesason which usually are about 30 mins each.

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 06:32 PM)The One Wrote:  
(04-28-2020, 06:31 PM)JamisBanda Wrote:  Stopped watching homeland after 3rd season,  do I need to watch every season to get the ongoing story   or can I watch  last season on it's own?

At least you need to watch S7 and 8 I think.
There's running thread going back to about S5 but if you watch 7 and 8 you can probably catch the gist of it. Maybe watch a quick recaps on YouTube for each sesason which usually are about 30 mins each.

Ok thanks, running out of things to watch so hoping to give this a go, I too hated Carrie's hissyfits which threw me off watching the thing.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 04-28-2020

I would suggest you start from S4 or the latest S5 onwards tbh all of them lead into one another

For anyone new , watch 1, skip 2 and 3

Start at 4 and go from there

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 04-28-2020

Speaking of BCS, I absolutely love Kim's story arc. She's the most complex character in TV since Tony Soprano imo.

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 04-28-2020

Cheers , will start from S4 then.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 04-29-2020

(04-28-2020, 06:25 PM)The One Wrote:  
(04-23-2020, 12:58 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  Homeland has had a great run with the entire Russian arc lasting the last 3 or 4 seasons. This season has been absolutely superb. Not a bad ep. Great plot.  Superb pacing. Great acting by Claire and co.

And now the final battle is going to be brilliantly personal.

The final season was definitely a level above.
I personally didn't care much for seasons 4-6 either (other than Quinn, he was a hit), but 7 and particularly this last one really did pick up things. Finale was definitely a great end although I ahve a couple of things I don't think crucial to the story but impossible.

But overall great way to finish it. Loved the dynamic between her and Saul. She can be ****** crazy.

Oh and

In red

RE: TV Series Thread - MoK - 05-02-2020

(04-28-2020, 09:29 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(04-28-2020, 06:45 AM)Charu26 Wrote:  I stopped after season 3, was really tired of Carrie's randyfits

Season 1 is in my top 5 seasons of all time

You are missing out. Pick up from Season 4 or 5. Superb

Agree s2/s3 were not good.

They successfully rebooted the series from season 4. It's been a solid show since even though they'd never top season 1. Season 2 and 3 were bad. Season 3 was especially obnoxious.

I thought the first half of s7 was excellent before becoming ridiculous in the 2nd half. Didn't bother with s8, was a bit turned off, but I since it's the final season I guess I'll give it a go later on.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 05-02-2020

Finished Giri Haji

Awesome watch

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 05-04-2020

Finished After Life season 2. Absolutely brilliant. It shows how talented Gervais is when he can write such a poingant story about this subject. Really makes the Mrs and I think about how close we are getting to this aspect of life

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 05-04-2020

Also finished Normal People

I won't hold back and say this is my fav show of the year and I will rank it the best of the year.

Raw, beautiful. Acting, directing, the damn Irish accent. Everything is perfection. Mrs cried at the end.

The 2 leads are gonna be stars. The lead girl is also utterly gorgeous (in my eye) Heart