Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 04-02-2021

I’m being boring and watching World War 2 in colour on Netflix

Man the vastness of everything and the sheer scale is incredible

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 04-07-2021

Finished it, damn what a crazy thing ww2 was. The scale is just mindblowing.

Now I am watching Hitler's inner circle on Netflix.

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 04-12-2021

This is after Endgame

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 04-14-2021

Resident Alien is good fun

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 04-19-2021

(01-12-2021, 03:06 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  Dunno if any of you are fans of The Long Way Round and The Long Way Down trips that Ewan Mcgrefor and Charlie Boreman did a while back.

They have FINALLY done The Long Way Up. This was way overdue, and both the previous were 2 of my fav things ever to watch. Even Mrs is a big fan.

Basically these 2 are best friends (Ewan of course of Star Wars fame) and the first trip they did was a bike ride from London to New York going on land. Hellava trip.

Then they did Long way down which was from Scotland to the southern trip of Africa. On Bike

Long way up is from the bottom of South America to the the top or North America

All the series are now on Disney +.

[Image: MV5BMTQ4YjQ1YjctODI3ZS00OTE3LWFjOGItMDg5...@._V1_.jpg]

Oh yea, this is awesome as usual. Love seeing these 2 together again and the banter. It's kind of awesome to see the older blokes here cuz me and mrs watched the last 2 together when we were still young as well so kind of feels like we've grown up with them.

Also kind of cool that the 2 bikes they are riding here are 2 Harley Davidson prototype eclectic bikes. They wanted to see if they could do the whole thing via electric bikes so the first few episodes have a lot of anxiety with them not being able to get to charging spots lol

They do cheat a bit because they have their support crew - who also end up using electric pick up trucks by Rivian ( a tesla competitor) also prototypes and they bloody build the thing over 3 months for this show basically.

They end up running out of juice a bunch of times. But the rivians have a tow charge thing they built in which is pretty cool.

They also have a couple of support vehicles on normal diesel etc for emergency situ's where they get totally ***** and yea it happens a bunch of times in the early phase of the trip.

I think that part of might interest Jamis

Here are the 3 harleys and the rivians.

[Image: rivian-long-way-up-journey-e1596572892233.jpg]

[Image: long-way-up-route-map.png?format=750w]

RE: Movies Thread - stillwill - 04-28-2021

Anyone watched Board Walk Empire ? Is it good ? I watched Sopranos, The Wire is it anything like that ?

RE: Movies Thread - JamisBanda - 04-28-2021

(04-28-2021, 08:48 PM)stillwill Wrote:  Anyone watched  Board Walk Empire ? Is it good ? I watched Sopranos, The Wire is it anything like that ?

Wrong thread, but I tried it couple of times but couldn't get past first couple of episodes, don't think it's good as Sopranos, let's be fair not many will be

The wire is just zzzzz

RE: Movies Thread - stillwill - 04-28-2021

(04-28-2021, 09:18 PM)JamisBanda Wrote:  
(04-28-2021, 08:48 PM)stillwill Wrote:  Anyone watched  Board Walk Empire ? Is it good ? I watched Sopranos, The Wire is it anything like that ?

Wrong thread, but I tried it couple of times but couldn't get past first couple of episodes, don't think it's good as Sopranos, let's be fair not many will be

The wire is just zzzzz

You should get a white van ride for saying that. Wire takes time to grow on you. The issue I had was understanding the Baltimore hood accent at first. If i was going to rate Sopranos vs Wire. I'd gibe Wire 9.5 and Sopranos 8.5. The Wire is more raw.