Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 07-28-2021

OMG Charu he's forever not cool because of this.

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 07-28-2021

Finally watched Hannibal. I didn't give it a go earlier as I had watched the movies. It's quite good. Some might find the dialogues to be too long.

RE: TV Series Thread - stillwill - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 02:21 PM)Bada Wrote:  
(07-28-2021, 01:57 PM)stillwill Wrote:  How is season 5 ? There are only 4 seasons on Netflix, I have to download it through some unsanctioned way. Do you recommend Season 5 ?. Apart from few episodes, most of the 4 seasons were very dry. But I have a pretty dry job so I have no problem finding time.

What's the point of asking Mugatiya? He thinks it's great. You think it's very dry. Clearly your taste is different.

I also think it's one of the best shows in recent times.

BB is one of my favourite shows of all time. I rate it #2 after The Wire. Nothing wrong with asking if one season is better than the other. I managed to watch it for 4 seasons didn't I ? Clearly stated I have time on my hands so....there is the answer for you. And top this is the season Jimmy becomes Saul Goodman, so clearly worth asking if it gets better.

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 03:23 PM)stillwill Wrote:  
(07-28-2021, 02:21 PM)Bada Wrote:  What's the point of asking Mugatiya? He thinks it's great. You think it's very dry. Clearly your taste is different.

BB is one of my favourite shows of all time. I rate it #2 after The Wire. Nothing wrong with asking if one season is better than the other. I managed to watch it for 4 seasons didn't I ? Clearly stated I have time on my hands so....there is the answer for you. And top this is the season Jimmy becomes Saul Goodman, so clearly worth asking if it gets better.

ok then watch it

(07-28-2021, 03:23 PM)stillwill Wrote:  
(07-28-2021, 02:21 PM)Bada Wrote:  What's the point of asking Mugatiya? He thinks it's great. You think it's very dry. Clearly your taste is different.

I didn't see how our opinions could be useful for you given the difference in taste based on the comments by Mugatiya and you. That's what I was trying to emphasize. If we say yes season 5 is great, it could still be just dry for you.

Another example there. You think The Wire is the best. I also think it's great. Jamis couldn't watch it past season 2. I can tell Jamis how good it is, but it's not for him.

Season 6 will be the final one. This could be a good season by season guide.

[Image: Fire-Shot-Capture-767-Better-Call-Saul-W...ia-org.png]

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 07-28-2021

If you watch BCS for the thrill or excitement, you're watching it for the wrong reason.

Yeah it has it's comedy and intensity, but at its heart BCS is a great character study. It's taken a bunch of secondary characters from BB and they're showing that those people can be just as rich a storyboard as Walt and Jesse; why Mike is the way he is, how Saul is steadily progressing down the same rabbit hole as Walt did, how Kim's torn in between two worlds, so is Nacho. The difference is Kim's there willingly and Nacho, not so much. It's such a brilliant show and doing a great job building up all these characters.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 03:21 PM)Bada Wrote:  Finally watched Hannibal. I didn't give it a go earlier as I had watched the movies. It's quite good. Some might find the dialogues to be too long.

Yea Mads and the other guy along with Gillian are awesome.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 01:57 PM)stillwill Wrote:  
(07-28-2021, 12:11 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  BCS is a GOAT

How is season 5 ? There are only 4 seasons on Netflix, I have to download it through some unsanctioned way. Do you recommend Season 5 ?. Apart from few episodes, most of the 4 seasons were very dry. But I have a pretty dry job so I have no problem finding time.

Every season is better than the last

It’s as dry as BB but BB has Walts narrative running through it.

This is just a wonderful character study like TO said

If s4 was dry for you then yes s5 will be the same for you.

You’re watching the wrong show if you expect anything else