Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - stillwill - 10-20-2021

(10-20-2021, 05:55 AM)samtheman Wrote:  
(10-17-2021, 10:52 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  I finished Squid Game.

It is surprisingly effective at what it is trying to tell underneath all the violence and total bonkersness of it all. No wonder its struck a chord with people whether they realise it or not.

I have watched 3 episodes so far, and really not much interested to finish it. Does it get better after this? should I persist?

They all die at the end

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 10-20-2021

(10-19-2021, 10:19 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  Servant is pretty decent. I enjoyed both season. I also think Nell Tiger Free - who plays Leanne (the servant) is pretty good looking in real life Heart

OK it did turn in to a direction I'm not so crazy about after 10 episodes, I thought the whole thing was goin to in another direction, at least I Was hoping.

But still decent and watchable to finish it off.

RE: TV Series Thread - Keshan - 10-20-2021

Started on Better Call Saul.

Must say hooked from the first episode. I'm glad I started on it a bit late, don't think I would have appreciated how good it is back then.

Speaks volumes to how skillful the writers are as well, because given the material they tackle on lesser hands,, could have bombed easily. ( For example, the brother's condition and storyline)

Vince Gilligan would be an awesome choice as a writer for a Fargo season.

Both Saul's and Mike's battle with morality has been aced really well. Already dreading the path ahead for Saul. Tragic indeed. At least he tried his best.

RE: TV Series Thread - stillwill - 10-21-2021

Saw Hanse Cronje's documentary on Netflix. Netflix really know how to make documentaries. LMAOO showed streets of Pakistan as Mumbai lol. Didn't know Cronje was such a big deal in South Africa or even in cricket.

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 10-21-2021

(10-21-2021, 12:41 PM)stillwill Wrote:  Saw Hanse Cronje's documentary on Netflix. Netflix really know how to make documentaries. LMAOO showed streets of Pakistan as Mumbai lol. Didn't know Cronje was such a big deal in South Africa or even in cricket.

What do you mean, his captaincy considered to be at another level at the time. I remember one match in 1996 in Kenya he made our run chase really difficult , we only won due no 10 or 11 getting a edge past the keeper for 4 , his on field captaining was superb.

RE: TV Series Thread - stillwill - 10-21-2021

(10-21-2021, 12:56 PM)JamisBanda Wrote:  
(10-21-2021, 12:41 PM)stillwill Wrote:  Saw Hanse Cronje's documentary on Netflix. Netflix really know how to make documentaries. LMAOO showed streets of Pakistan as Mumbai lol. Didn't know Cronje was such a big deal in South Africa or even in cricket.

What do you mean, his captaincy considered to be at another level at the time. I remember one match in 1996 in Kenya he made our run chase really difficult , we only won due no 10 or 11 getting a edge past the keeper for 4 , his on field captaining was superb.

I only started watching cricket sometime in 99 and don't think SA match was on regularly enough nor I understood enough cricket to understand the captaincy part then. HE was banned a year later so I wouldn't know lol

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 10-27-2021

(10-19-2021, 10:19 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(10-19-2021, 06:23 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  I'm currently reading the Wheel of Time series. Its a 14 book epic series.

I'm on book 3. Amazon is doing a show on it and it comes out in Nov. You will enjoy it if you are semi into fantasy stuff like lotr or GoT. It's a lot more fantasy than GoT which is more realism/mideveal type of show.

The first couple of books are written as a homage to LOTR so it will feel similar but it's also different in many ways. For eg women take a big role from the beginning.

Here is the trailer. I am slowly getting hyped up for it.

WHO IS THE DRAGON REBORN? WHO IS IT ??

3 MORE WEEKS

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 10-27-2021

Wheel of Time Full trailer dropped today Hail

Super hyped for this. Looks really good. Lot's of nuggets for the book fan base. Hopefully, it pulls in a good amount of casual fans as the seasons progress. 14 books to pull from and the story is finished so hopefully no GoT esque flop in the home run.

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 11-03-2021

Noticed these miniseries. Haven't watched yet. Let me know if anyone does.

Dopesick
Midnight Mass

Btw, Narcos: Mexico final season is coming on Friday.

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 11-09-2021

Started watching normal people, so much sex , is there a story or same slow theme throughout .