Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 03:31 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  No worries.

That packing scene felt a lot like me tbh lol. Just clicked like something I’d do.

Fight scene is intense and just blows up out of no where. So well shot.

Dunno if you’ve seen them or not but I highly recommend you watch the Before trilogy if you’re into these kinds  of stories

Before Sunset, Before Midnight , Before Sunrise

It’s a movie trilogy. One of my favs!

Added to list! 

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 11-21-2021

(11-16-2021, 07:12 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(11-15-2021, 12:36 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  The story begins when Moiraine (an Aes Sedai) shows up in an out of the way village called Elmonds Field.

And this is why she (Moiraine) arrives in this village

I watched the first 3 eps (only 3 released so far) and it's a solid 7-7.5 from me.

It's a bit different to the books but there is a lot of world-building that needs to be done.

We are straight into the story and the 2nd half of the first ep is bloody awesome. Most of that we don't get in the book so to see it was amazing.

Ep2-3 gives breathing space and we get to see the characters explored more. Which was awesome

The cast is great and Pike is shepherding this beautifully. So much gravitas in her performance.

I'm excited to see a high fantasy show on screen which is semi grim/dark without always being depressing like GoT was. GoT comparisons are bound to happen but that was a show where the fantasy and magic are in the back burner. Whereas in WoT it's at the forefront.

Looks like non-book fans are loving it so far which is great. A subsection of book fans has been very negative due to some changes in the adaptation.

Personally, it has a few minor issues but other than that this world feels like it's super lived in and we are just getting started. Most of the issues seem to be due to Amazon excess not giving the first season 10 eps like the showrunner wanted including a 2-hour pilot which makes some of the editings in ep 1 choppy. It's fast-paced though and cuts out a lot of the fluff in book 1.

It helps hugely that we know the ending so the showrunners are adapting the series as opposed to book 1 in Season 1.

It has a planned 8 seasons with S2 already being worked on and S3 greenlit according to some sources. I do hope they get 10 episode seasons though. The show needs it.

(11-21-2021, 07:37 PM)JamisBanda Wrote:  
(11-21-2021, 03:31 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  No worries.

That packing scene felt a lot like me tbh lol. Just clicked like something I’d do.

Fight scene is intense and just blows up out of no where. So well shot.

Dunno if you’ve seen them or not but I highly recommend you watch the Before trilogy if you’re into these kinds  of stories

Before Sunset, Before Midnight , Before Sunrise

It’s a movie trilogy. One of my favs!

Added to list! 

Great. Its a bit different to the Normal People and Scenes from a Marriage but I hope you and wifey enjoy it.

Did you watch those 2 with wifey? What did she think , if so.

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 11-21-2021

(11-21-2021, 10:23 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(11-21-2021, 07:37 PM)JamisBanda Wrote:  Added to list! 

Great. Its a bit different to the Normal People and Scenes from a Marriage but I hope you and wifey enjoy it.

Yeah we watched both together.

Spoilers below for anyone else who hasn't seen Normal people or Scenes from a marriage 

She was not so impressed early in NP saying this is not normal etc, but she grew in to it and was heartbroken at the end, Also I learned she went and read reviews to see what other thought about it so that means she loved despite the sad ending, even couple of days ago she said out of the blue NP  was great isn't it and some of our friends might not be able to appreciate that kind of shows. so it must be pretty high on her list

Scenes from a marriage , well for starters I was glad we watched that fight and signing device paper scene together so she knows what to expect if it comes to a similar situation Spy. I'm pretty much like him where my emotions don't go up and down like that when we have a fight it takes so much longer time for me to get back to normal , could take months or even years with specific issues in past. She's sort of hot and cold in quick frequencies.

We were discussing today while doing some painting around the house and she saying how she understands why some people keep goin back to their exes all the time , in the end they were happy and in love with each other but they were not meant to be married together.

(11-21-2021, 10:58 PM)JamisBanda Wrote:  
(11-21-2021, 10:23 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  Great. Its a bit different to the Normal People and Scenes from a Marriage but I hope you and wifey enjoy it.

Yeah we watched both together.

Spoilers below for anyone else who hasn't seen Normal people or Scenes from a marriage 

She was not so impressed early in NP saying this is not normal etc, but she grew in to it and was heartbroken at the end, Also I learned she went and read reviews to see what other thought about it so that means she loved despite the sad ending, even couple of days ago she said out of the blue NP  was great isn't it and some of our friends might not be able to appreciate that kind of shows. so it must be pretty high on her list

Scenes from a marriage , well for starters I was glad we watched that fight and signing device paper scene together so she knows what to expect if it comes to a similar situation Spy. I'm pretty much like him where my emotions don't go up and down like that when we have a fight it takes so much longer time for me to get back to normal , could take months or even years with specific issues in past. She's sort of hot and cold in quick frequencies.

We were discussing today while doing some painting around the house and she saying how she understands why some people keep goin back to their exes all the time , in the end they were happy and in love with each other but they were not meant to be married together.

That's great to hear. My wife had a pretty similar response to NP. And then she told her sister to watch it and they they were like why can't we have people like that in our lives and I am like Hello - Highschool sweetheart HUSBAND WALKING HERE.

Yea I am also a bit like him. Fights and stuff bother me days and my wife usually moves on quickly or seems to but things eat away at me slowly.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 11-29-2021

(11-21-2021, 10:21 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(11-16-2021, 07:12 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  And this is why she (Moiraine) arrives in this village

I watched the first 3 eps (only 3 released so far) and it's a solid 7-7.5 from me.

It's a bit different to the books but there is a lot of world-building that needs to be done.

We are straight into the story and the 2nd half of the first ep is bloody awesome. Most of that we don't get in the book so to see it was amazing.

Ep2-3 gives breathing space and we get to see the characters explored more. Which was awesome

The cast is great and Pike is shepherding this beautifully. So much gravitas in her performance.

I'm excited to see a high fantasy show on screen which is semi grim/dark without always being depressing like GoT was. GoT comparisons are bound to happen but that was a show where the fantasy and magic are in the back burner. Whereas in WoT it's at the forefront.

Looks like non-book fans are loving it so far which is great. A subsection of book fans has been very negative due to some changes in the adaptation.

Personally, it has a few minor issues but other than that this world feels like it's super lived in and we are just getting started. Most of the issues seem to be due to Amazon excess not giving the first season 10 eps like the showrunner wanted including a 2-hour pilot which makes some of the editings in ep 1 choppy. It's fast-paced though and cuts out a lot of the fluff in book 1.

It helps hugely that we know the ending so the showrunners are adapting the series as opposed to book 1 in Season 1.

It has a planned 8 seasons with S2 already being worked on and S3 greenlit according to some sources. I do hope they get 10 episode seasons though. The show needs it.

4th ep 9/10 for me. Love the world-building. Ending *Whoa Nelly*

We are really getting into the WoT lore and world deeply now.

El Professor from Money Heist as Logain is *Chef's Kiss*

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWqQtEUI1Bq/

@alvaromorte
I dunno why people is so afraid, I’m such a nice guy (I mean, Dragon)

Lol

RE: TV Series Thread - Keshan - 11-29-2021

Finally caught up with Better Call Saul...

I never saw that twist coming with regards to Kim's character at the end. Would she really break bad? I wonder how far the writers will push the character? I really love Kim so hope she makes out of this in a decent way. There are theories running around that she might end up having to call on the Vacuum Cleaner guy too. Any possibility we will see Kim again in the post Breaking Bad timeline? Bloody hell!

Better Call Saul had two great twists in Season 5. One of course was the one I mentioned above and the other is Jimmy's big con on Kim in that meeting. They are massive and shocking twists but when you really think about them, all the groundwork has been laid and they really make sense unlike in most shows. I love how in BB and BCS nothing happens the way you intend to and they creep up on you slowly and just happens. Its very organic.

In BB , Mike and Saul are not the best of pals. At least not as close as they seem here in Season 5 after their big walk through the dessert adventure. Wonder what happens between them.

Season 5 was operating on another gear, and guess Season 6 will be no different. Hoping Kim makes it out alive.

And honestly I think the cinematography here is better than in Breaking Bad in a big way. Its the same style and all that but still, every shot, every frame you can pause and appreciate here. Especially in the last couple of seasons. Really amazing and unusual angles.

RE: TV Series Thread - Keshan - 11-30-2021

George R.R. Martin ‘Would Fly to NYC to Beg’ HBO for 10 ‘Game of Thrones’ Seasons, Says His Agent

Martin’s agent Paul Haas revealed that the author flew to New York City more than once to meet with then-HBO CEO Richard Plepler in order to convince him to extend the series’ television run.

“George would fly to New York to have lunch with Plepler, to beg him to do 10 seasons of 10 episodes because there was enough material for it and to tell him it would be a more satisfying and more entertaining experience,” Haas said (via Insider). “[Showrunners D.B. Weiss and David Beniof] were tired, rightfully so. They were done, and wanted to move on, so they cut it short and then negotiations became, how many seasons can we stretch this out? Because of course HBO wanted more.”

Link: https://www.indiewire.com/2021/11/george-rr-martin-begged-hbo-10-game-of-thrones-seasons-1234682043/

Game of Thrones Creator George RR Martin Not Happy With HBO's Direction After Season 5

Martin's representative Paul Haas reveals that Martin, who is the author of A Song of Ice and Fire, the series Game of Thrones is based upon, had some concerns about the series after Season 5, specifically that showrunners Dan Weiss and David Benioff weren't following Martin's plans for the story.

"George loves Dan and Dave, but after season 5 he did start to worry about the path they were [going down] because George knows where the story goes. He started saying, 'You're not following my template.' The first five seasons stuck to George's roadmap. Then they went off George's roadmap," Hass is quoted as saying.

Link: https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/game-of-thrones-creator-george-rr-martin-not-happy-with-hbos-direction-after-season-5/

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 11-30-2021

Well if the fool had completed his books none of this would have happened.

RE: TV Series Thread - stillwill - 11-30-2021

(11-29-2021, 05:21 PM)Keshan Wrote:  Finally caught up with Better Call Saul...

I never saw  that twist coming with regards to Kim's character at the end. Would she really break bad?  I wonder how far the writers will push the character? I really love Kim so hope she makes out of this in a decent way. There are theories running around that she might end up having to call on the Vacuum Cleaner guy too.  Any possibility we will see Kim again in the post Breaking Bad timeline?  Bloody hell!

Better Call Saul had two great twists in Season 5. One of course was the one I mentioned above and the other is Jimmy's big con on Kim in that meeting.  They are massive and shocking twists but when you really think about them, all the groundwork has been laid and they really make sense unlike in most shows. I love how in BB and BCS nothing happens the way you intend to and they creep up on you slowly and just happens. Its very organic.

In BB , Mike and Saul are not the best of pals. At least not as close as they seem here in Season 5 after their big walk through the dessert adventure. Wonder what happens between them.

Season 5 was operating on another gear, and guess Season 6 will be no different. Hoping Kim makes it out alive.

And honestly I think the cinematography here is better than  in Breaking Bad in a big way. Its the same style and all that but still, every shot, every frame you can pause and appreciate here. Especially in the last couple of seasons. Really amazing and unusual angles.

Will finish rest of the season 5 over the weekend. Ran out of shows. Will go back.