Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - stillwill - 11-30-2021

Watched Tiger King 2. Damn, what a twist. If you watched Tiger King 2, I highly suggest you watch Tiger King 2. It's one heck of a series.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 11-30-2021

(11-30-2021, 08:52 PM)stillwill Wrote:  Watched Tiger King 2. Damn, what a twist. If you watched Tiger King 2, I highly suggest you watch Tiger King 2. It's one heck of a series.

Ok Huh

(11-30-2021, 08:02 PM)The One Wrote:  Well if the fool had completed his books none of this would have happened.

Agree. The more I read The Wheel of Time, the more I realise what happened to GRRM. He wanted the story to become even more sprawling in book 1-2 and started introducing so many character PoV. Still fairy child's play where WoT has over 2600 named characters.

WoT slows down hugely from Book 6-10 or so as Robert Jordan struggled to rein in the the story.

And there was a huge fear amongst readers about what would happen to the story if Jordan died.

Guess what? He died.

Luckily for us, Jordan left loads and loads of notes for someone else to pick up and I thank the lord for Brandon Sanderson coming in and finishing the story.

I don't know what GRRM is planning but he's got at least 2-3 worth of books to finish. He is old and doesn't look very fit so what happened to Jordan can happen to GRRM.

--
On a side note man I can see so many influences in GRRM and ASoIAF that derived from WoT. There's even loads of phrases they say that GRRM has used in his books.

Turns out Jordan and GRRM were pretty good friends. And there's great story of how Jordan gave Game of Thrones (Book 1) a blurb on the back cover and how GRRM credits that blurb for the success he had for book sales.

I've read many redditors comment how they only picked up GoT cuz of Jordan's endorsement.

(11-30-2021, 03:55 PM)Keshan Wrote:  George R.R. Martin ‘Would Fly to NYC to Beg’ HBO for 10 ‘Game of Thrones’ Seasons, Says His Agent

Martin’s agent Paul Haas revealed that the author flew to New York City more than once to meet with then-HBO CEO Richard Plepler in order to convince him to extend the series’ television run.

“George would fly to New York to have lunch with Plepler, to beg him to do 10 seasons of 10 episodes because there was enough material for it and to tell him it would be a more satisfying and more entertaining experience,” Haas said (via Insider). “[Showrunners D.B. Weiss and David Beniof] were tired, rightfully so. They were done, and wanted to move on, so they cut it short and then negotiations became, how many seasons can we stretch this out? Because of course HBO wanted more.”

Link: https://www.indiewire.com/2021/11/george-rr-martin-begged-hbo-10-game-of-thrones-seasons-1234682043/

This might the only time where the network wanted to give 10 seasons and showrunners decided nah shorter s7-8 will do for them.

WoT wanted a 10 ep season for s1. Amazon said no and gave them only 8.

Amazon suits had given the showrunner 11,000 notes just on the pilot ep, which sadly looks like it was really cut short by execs , as the showrunner wanted at least 1.5 hour pilot ep.

-
D&D had HBO, the biggest network for prestige tv offering them basically a blank cheque, and they said no. Confused Dodgy

RE: TV Series Thread - stillwill - 11-30-2021

(11-30-2021, 09:38 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(11-30-2021, 08:52 PM)stillwill Wrote:  Watched Tiger King 2. Damn, what a twist. If you watched Tiger King 2, I highly suggest you watch Tiger King 2. It's one heck of a series.

Ok Huh

Tiger King 1 I meant.

RE: TV Series Thread - Keshan - 12-06-2021

Praise Sol! Hail

RE: TV Series Thread - stillwill - 12-06-2021

Anyone watched Peaky Blinders ? Did you like it ?

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 12-06-2021

Peaky Blinders is good. I enjoyed the first 4 seasons.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 12-06-2021

(12-06-2021, 01:19 PM)Keshan Wrote:  Praise Sol! Hail

Where giant snake thingo?

RE: TV Series Thread - Keshan - 12-06-2021

(12-06-2021, 01:56 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(12-06-2021, 01:19 PM)Keshan Wrote:  Praise Sol! Hail

Where giant snake thingo?

Yeah I was looking for that too.

The birth scene in Season 1 still gives me the creeps. Yikes!