Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - The One - 01-26-2015

(01-26-2015, 02:06 PM)Charu26 Wrote:  ^ well, it's so unrealistic even if you knew the system (maybe even more so)

the way season 2 ended HAHA. Really don't understand why it's rated so highly.. Take Spacey's dialogues out and it's mediocre at best

I think it's rated highly because it's good drama. I don't think even creators are going for the 'realistic' aspect, but they are pretty good at creating an addictive show. Spacey is brilliant, so is the dialogue, and overall it'd done nicely, which is enough to be rated a good show. Of course there are huge plot holes but you gotta learn to live with it if you want to enjoy it.

RE: TV Series Thread - Creative Artist - 01-31-2015

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 07:46 AM)Creative Artist Wrote:  

Rockon

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 02-02-2015

What happened to White Collar? Did they finish it? I couldn't follow after season 4.

RE: TV Series Thread - SunJ - 02-02-2015

(02-02-2015, 05:18 AM)Bada Wrote:  What happened to White Collar? Did they finish it? I couldn't follow after season 4.

In its final (6th) season now. watched 2-3 episodes of the final season but need to catch up.

RE: TV Series Thread - Perthman - 02-02-2015

(02-02-2015, 05:18 AM)Bada Wrote:  What happened to White Collar? Did they finish it? I couldn't follow after season 4.

yeah it finished. Quite nice ending

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 02-05-2015

Throne Unknown

Dear postman,

With the recent totally surprising and not at all suspected because it's totally out of character for GRRM announcement that Winds of Winter will not be out in 2015, is it time to embrace two realities? The first that GOT the tv series is about to depart from the book and will at best be a loose interpretation for what Martin has planned, or more likely it's own thing entirely? The other reality that we will never get to the end of this series's in book form anyway.

Uh, yes. Seeing as GRRM hasn't even come close to finishing the book — and I'm of the personal opinion we're going to end up getting at least two more books after The Winds of Winter, despite his assurance there'll be only one — the show has no recourse but to end on its own terms. Oh, sure, there are probably going to be some major events and reveals the show that GRRM has planned that the show will use, because they're built into the narrative that both the books and TV series have told so far, but I suspect at the end of the day, when both series are finished, they'll be at least as different as they are similar.

And I, for one, have decided this is great. Admittedly, like so many others, I was really bummed out when it finally became clear that the show would not be the nigh-perfect adaptation of the fantasy book series that had rocked my world. But as the show has gone on, and gotten more confident, and started tailoring A Song of Ice and Fire to best suit its medium, as opposed to slavishly retelling the events of the books, the Game of Thrones TV series has only gotten better. Certainly, as a pretty hardcore fan of the books, I've been even more excited to watch the show now that I have less idea of what's going to happen — which means things like the Brienne/The Hound fight and the trip up north to see the White Walker's babysitting service had me at the edge of my seat.

And, now that the show has no books to work off of, but only GRRM's notes, it has the freedom to do whatever it wants. It has the characters and the story so far, and showrunners D.B. Weiss and David Benioff can decide what will make the best, most epic conclusion for them — which may not be what GRRM agrees with. Rather than this invalidating the show, I find I'm pretty much as excited to see how the show will end as I am the books.

Now, granted, without the books to follow, the TV series could go completely off the rails. It could suck, hard and immediately. But I doubt it. When the show has gone off-script, so to speak, before it's usually done so with scenes that have strengthened the narrative, been awesome, or both. Even the changes coming up in season 5 — and there are some mild spoilers here
I'm sure he has a great plan for the character in mind — but I also sincerely doubt that dropping this arc from the show is going to lessen the series in any way.

So honestly, given that a completely accurate adaptation of the books is completely impossible, this is the best possible solution to my mind. We're getting two versions of the story, both told really well! It's like an official DC story and an Elseworlds tale, where they're both really goddamned good! And I honestly think now that Game of Thrones the TV series has its freedom from the books, we could be in for a tremendously awesome last three seasons of TV. You realize, of course, that in all likelihood we'll be able to watch Daenerys riding a dragon into Westeros in the next few years? That alone makes me very, very happy.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 02-05-2015

Go the tv show. Suck it Book lovers.

RE: TV Series Thread - SimplePass - 02-06-2015

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/02/05/the-original-plot-for-game-of-thrones-has-been-revealed

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 02-09-2015

Better Call Saul WW