Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 01-04-2022

The Witcher is getting better in the new season.

RE: TV Series Thread - Keshan - 01-04-2022

In Episode 8 of the Great. Gillian Anderson's cameo is hilarious hahahahaha

Any of you played the Witcher game? It all started with the books it seems. There are so many - novels and short stories and what not. I'm in episode 3 of Witcher Season 2. Seems decent so far.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 03:15 AM)Bada Wrote:  The Witcher is getting better in the new season.

S2 is a big improvement. Still, the book fans are absolutely hating the hell out of the show. Man the amount of hate by book fans, when a book is adapted, is intense. I've been in the WoT fandom for some time now and there was a big build-up to the WoT show and so many people ended up absolutely hating it.

But non book fans lapped it up. Biggest show ever for Amazon and no 1 for streaming shows while it ran and it beat out stuff like Hawkeye too. So something clicked.

If you enjoyed Witcher you should definitely watch the Wheel of Time. I give it a solid 7/10. If they had nailed the finale it would be a 7.5/10 or even an 8+ depending on what they did in the Finale. Personally wasn't a big fan of the finale cuz of some key changes to how it ends in book 1. They also had some major issues when one of the leads (Mat) pulled out of the show due to personal reasons after ep 6. Ep 6 was filmed before covid and they shut down for covid and when they came back they had lost Mat. And production could not travel to all the locations they'd booked for the final 2 ep shoots and also couldn't get extra's for a big practical sequence in the finale. Sucks and it shows.

I am hopeful that they can get better like Witcher in S2. Needs more eps than 8 though but seems like fantasy shows are only getting 8 now. S2 will also only get 8 eps. Even LOTR is 8 ep seasons I believe.

The WoT books are incredible, the show has captured some of the brilliance of it but S2 needs to deliver big time.

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 04:13 AM)Keshan Wrote:  In Episode 8 of the Great. Gillian Anderson's cameo is hilarious hahahahaha

Any of you played the Witcher game? It all started with the books it seems. There are so many - novels and short stories and what not. I'm in episode 3 of Witcher Season 2. Seems decent so far.

Yea they are mostly short stories. Books > Game > TV show is how that went. The game is bigger than the books even.

The Great had another very good outing.

RE: TV Series Thread - stillwill - 01-04-2022

True Story by Kevin Hart was way better than expected. He is a better actor than I thought. Pretty intense drama. I highly recommend.

RE: TV Series Thread - Keshan - 01-04-2022

Asked to share something on the final season of Better Call Saul in Twitter, Rhea Seehorn called it devastating. Cry Cry Cry Cry

They might actually go there with her character and make her break bad! The transformation makes perfect sense too and all the groundwork is there - if they want to go down that path.

Hopefully, she redeems herself and appears on the post BB timeline somehow.

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 01-04-2022

For anyone whos in to British humour try this , it's hilarious 

Alma's not normal

[Image: MV5BZGFiMzg0M2QtOWI2Yy00YzA4LTlmMDQtYjg3...UX613_.jpg]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12106710/

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 01-06-2022

(01-04-2022, 04:46 PM)Keshan Wrote:  Asked to share something on the final season of Better Call Saul in Twitter, Rhea Seehorn called it devastating.  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry

They might actually go there with her character and make her break bad! The transformation makes perfect sense too and all the groundwork is there - if they want to go down that path.

So have you finished BCS then?

RE: TV Series Thread - Keshan - 01-06-2022

(01-06-2022, 12:24 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(01-04-2022, 04:46 PM)Keshan Wrote:  Asked to share something on the final season of Better Call Saul in Twitter, Rhea Seehorn called it devastating.  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry

So have you finished BCS then?

Yeah sometime back. Still can't get my head around that final scene with Kim. Don't want her to turn bad. TO reckons, they won't go there.

RE: TV Series Thread - Keshan - 01-07-2022

Finished The Great Season 2. Fantastic season.

Everything ended giving characters a lot more conflict than I expected.

I love the King of Sweden as well. Hope he makes more cameos in the coming seasons.

Basically in love with all characters of this show. Great scripting.

Its all over now until another year.