Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - JamisBanda - 06-27-2022

(06-27-2022, 03:34 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  Chloe on Amazon Prime

Really interesting psychological thriller/murder mystery.

Yeah this is pretty good 

RE: TV Series Thread - Perthman - 06-27-2022

(06-27-2022, 03:27 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  Watched The Bear.
Man one of my fav shows of this year. Lip from Shameless is the lead here. He was always my fav character in that show. He;s such a ****** great actor and I am glad he's getting recognition.Great to see him get a lead role like this. Stil set in Chicago, still focusing on family. It is absolutely brilliant.

This sounds good . I really liked Lip too. Did you download and watch this ? Not on Netflix and prime .

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 06-27-2022

(06-27-2022, 06:17 AM)Perthman Wrote:  
(06-27-2022, 03:27 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  Watched The Bear.
Man one of my fav shows of this year. Lip from Shameless is the lead here. He was always my fav character in that show. He;s such a ****** great actor and I am glad he's getting recognition.Great to see him get a lead role like this. Stil set in Chicago, still focusing on family. It is absolutely brilliant.

This sounds good . I really liked Lip too. Did you download and watch this ? Not on Netflix and prime .

Yea downloaded. Can share on dropbox or something if you'd like.

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 06-27-2022

Just get the torrent. The whole season is 1.86 GB. This is what I downloaded

The.Bear.S01.COMPLETE.720p.HULU.WEBRip.x264-GalaxyTV

(06-27-2022, 07:03 AM)Bada Wrote:  Just get the torrent. The whole season is 1.86 GB. This is what I downloaded

The.Bear.S01.COMPLETE.720p.HULU.WEBRip.x264-GalaxyTV

Yea that’s what I got too I think.

I started on This is going to hurt.

It came out some time ago but I wanted to wait until I finished the book. It's based on the diary of a junior doctor who worked in the NHS. I haven't pissed myself laughing so hard in a while reading a book. It is absolutely hilarious. He worked in OBS (better known as Brats and Twats) so there are loads of great stories. It's crazy cuz they are all true. Big Grin

In the end, it's a love letter to the NHS and the real brutality of being a doctor. Underpaid/overworked, no personal life. The book was a huge success. The show is getting rave reviews too. The amazingly talented Ben Wishaw stars. He captures the tone and the sarcasm of Adam Kay (the real doctor who the wrote book, to a T)

(06-27-2022, 07:36 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  I started on This is going to hurt.

It came out some time ago but I wanted to wait until I finished the book. It's based on the diary of a junior doctor who worked in the NHS. I haven't pissed myself laughing so hard in a while reading a book. It is absolutely hilarious. He worked in OBS (better known as Brats and Twats) so there are loads of great stories. It's crazy cuz they are all true.  Big Grin

In the end, it's a love letter to the NHS and the real brutality of being a doctor. Underpaid/overworked, no personal life. The book was a huge success. The show is getting rave reviews too. The amazingly talented Ben Wishaw stars. He captures the tone and the sarcasm of Adam Kay (the real doctor who the wrote book, to a T)

OMG yes this is bloody hilarious, didn't bother putting out here since A) most don't get this kind of humour and B) most people don't have access to BBC stuff.

(06-27-2022, 08:22 AM)JamisBanda Wrote:  
(06-27-2022, 07:36 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  I started on This is going to hurt.

It came out some time ago but I wanted to wait until I finished the book. It's based on the diary of a junior doctor who worked in the NHS. I haven't pissed myself laughing so hard in a while reading a book. It is absolutely hilarious. He worked in OBS (better known as Brats and Twats) so there are loads of great stories. It's crazy cuz they are all true.  Big Grin

OMG yes this is bloody hilarious, didn't bother putting out here since A) most don't get this kind of humour and B) most people don't have access to BBC stuff.
Bro, we have the Detectorists connection. Trust me, this is the sort of stuff I love Big Grin

You should 100% read the book !

Yes in hindsight should have posted here, actually there are few I didn't post I will dig up my memory and post here later.

It gives a different perspective of NHS to most people , most people here keep blaming NHS for all the bad things they see but they fail to see good things we take for granted, I know some of my neighbours they didn't even do the weekly clap for NHS during pandemic since they think NHS is rubbish.

I should try to get hold of the book.

You should try Inside No 9

There are some bloody awful episodes but some pure gems in there as well.