Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
TV Series Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TV Series Thread (/showthread.php?tid=18)

RE: TV Series Thread - Bada - 11-25-2014

Apo you suck big time. Just watch it

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 11-25-2014

(11-25-2014, 06:34 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  OK another question, whos the guy always travelling with the silver haired girl(not her brother)?

Jorah Mormont. Used to be knight, He used to be the head of a house but he traded in Slavery and went into exile after people found out (Slavery is a big no no in Westeros). He later served into the Targaryen's and when he finds out that Danareys and her bro are in Essos he offers them his services to help them get the throne back.

(11-25-2014, 08:50 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  Since no one answered the earlier question I'll ask another one, what's with all the winter stuff, John Snow standing guard at the tower for the winter or something, what's that?

"Winter is coming"

Winters in Westeros last decades. Right now they have experienced a decade long Summer. So they are all worried that even longer Winter will hit them hard. i.e. Winter is coming.

Jon Snow and the Starks live in the North of Westeros in a place called Winterfell. The winter will come from the North.

Beyond Winter, further North, there is a place called simply The Wall.

The Wall is actually that, it is a massive Ice wall that protects Winterfell and all the cities south of Winterfell, from what is "Beyond the wall"

Beyond the wall, a lot of crazy shit goes down. It is where the wild lings (another group of human tribes)and snow/ice walkers live.(a bunch of crazy ass scary creatures)

Jon Snow is sent by his dad Ned, iirc, to be a watcher on the wall, aka, the Nights Watch. A group of people who take a vow to stand guard at the wall and make sure the wall is not breached by whatever the fk is going on beyond the wall. It is a hugely important job and a noble one.

Once you enter the Nightswatch you are essentially a monk who stands guard. They let go of everything, women, family, sex etc and take up the vows.

This map should clarify things a bit

Westeros and Essos basically look like the UK and Europe to me.

In that context, the north is Scotland. Kings Landing is England etc.

To give you an idea the Dragon kids are right now in Essos, they are in Pentos to begin with, where Say France/Paris might be. And then after marrying Drogo will go to Vaes dothrak, see smack in the middle of Essos , near say Siberia?

Hopefully your Geography is good Smile

[Image: WorldofIceandFire.png]

better pic of Westeros and its locations

[Image: Game-of-Thrones-House-Locations.png]

On the East border you see Casterly Rock - that is the Lannisters traditional home

Winterfell in the north is the home of the Starks

Just below the wall is Castle black. where the nights watch live.

RE: TV Series Thread - nuffa - 11-25-2014

(11-25-2014, 04:41 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(11-25-2014, 04:34 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  Wait so shes sleeping with her brother(s)?

Brother*. Singular. Jamie Lannister, the uber good looking dude.

Goffrey and Tommen are actually their kids, you see the features are very similar to Jamie and Cercei. This will come up in the story a lot.

IBA prob spoiled all the juicy bits with that pic LOL. Its a HUGE SPOILER pic.

Isn't that kind of a spoiler? Or did imply it from the beginning?

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 11-25-2014

Homeland last ep was really good

Newsroom Hail

RE: TV Series Thread - ApoCrypto - 11-26-2014

(11-25-2014, 05:15 PM)nuffa Wrote:  
(11-25-2014, 04:34 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  Wait so shes sleeping with her brother(s)?

Goffrey and Tommen are actually their kids, you see the features are very similar to Jamie and Cercei. This will come up in the story a lot.

Really? Thanks for spoiling it for me mugs Spy

RE: TV Series Thread - mugatiya - 11-26-2014

(11-26-2014, 12:57 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  
(11-25-2014, 05:15 PM)nuffa Wrote:  

Really? Thanks for spoiling it for me mugs Spy

Well stop asking then Kev

Its not really that important to any of the story imo. Except that people suspect that this is the case, which is obviously embarrassing for the Lannisters as incest was still taboo. Even though it was a common thing.

I think I got to the juicy part where Ned Stark is imprisoned, I'll keep everyone updated about my game of thrones journey Spy

(11-26-2014, 09:22 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  I think I got to the juicy part where Ned Stark is imprisoned, I'll keep everyone updated about my game of thrones journey Spy

Let us know how you get on. If you have heart conditions I suggest you watch the episodes with someone.

(11-26-2014, 09:33 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(11-26-2014, 09:22 AM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  I think I got to the juicy part where Ned Stark is imprisoned, I'll keep everyone updated about my game of thrones journey Spy

Let us know how you get on. If you have heart conditions I suggest you watch the episodes with someone.

I finished season 1 and didn't like it, I want some revenge on the Lannisters except Tyrion who seems an ok guy Spy

(11-26-2014, 10:13 PM)ApoCrypto Wrote:  
(11-26-2014, 09:33 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  

I finished season 1 and didn't like it, I want some revenge on the Lannisters except Tyrion who seems an ok guy Spy

GoT is joyous. Keep watching it