Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
Qatar 2022 (FIFA World Cup) - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Other Sports (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Qatar 2022 (FIFA World Cup) (/showthread.php?tid=2996)

RE: Qatar 2022 (FIFA World Cup) - BELSWILF - 12-01-2022

(12-01-2022, 01:53 AM)Perthman Wrote:  
(12-01-2022, 12:09 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  All teams know 100% all the different scenarios and coaches on the sideline know exactly what is going on in the other match (just like we do watching it on tv Smile)  I am not sure how many YC's Mexico had coming into this game and how many they picked up in this game but I am sure they know all the possible results.

Incidentally, the matches are played at the same time in the final round because a while ago teams knew what they needed to get through so played out boring draws and rigged the game essentially. Now there is no way to do that.

Mexico had more yellow and red cards than Poland going into the Match . So they had to target the goal difference .

Thank you! That explains why they went all offense in last few mins, that leaked a last minute goal from them to Saudis.

RE: Qatar 2022 (FIFA World Cup) - BELSWILF - 12-01-2022

I also saw something that I have never seen in Football before in the Germany vs Japan match which Germans lost. Towards the end, the German goalie came over to the other side and joined their offense, in an all out attack to score a goal. In such a scenario, can the German goalie touch the ball? That is, while playing outside of their own box?

RE: Qatar 2022 (FIFA World Cup) - mugatiya - 12-01-2022

(12-01-2022, 02:54 AM)LankaFan Wrote:  I also saw something that I have never seen in Football before in the Germany vs Japan match which Germans lost.  Towards the end, the German goalie came over to the other side and joined their offense, in an all out attack to score a goal.  In such a scenario, can the German goalie touch the ball?  That is, while playing outside of their own box?

Wow really? Guess you don't want much football. This is common when the team is desperate and it's the dying minutes of the game. Basically, they get everybody on the field in the penalty area so they create the probability of getting a goal. This especially happens in a dead ball scenario - such as a corner or a free kick. But sometimes can happen in open play too.

The goalie is definitely not allowed to touch the ball outside of their own box in any situation.

The german keeper - Nueur - is also known as a sweeper keeper - which basically means he has good enough skills to play in the defensive line so sometimes he can come out from his goal area to support the back line. He is notorious for this. It just means the team has another option when passing the ball through.

Here he is doing his thing. Gets him into trouble sometimes but its hella fun

RE: Qatar 2022 (FIFA World Cup) - Bada - 12-01-2022

Morocco leading 2-0. They will go through unless something crazy happens.

Nervous times for Croatia and Belgium. I'm changing between channels to watch both games.

Croatia through

Morocco topped the group haha

Japan equalises!

Germany in trouble now!

Japan leading !!! FML

Costa rica scores

Germany *****