Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (http://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: Cricket Talk (http://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sri Lanka Cricket (http://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=3067)

Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - pj57 - 05-20-2022

https://srilankacricket.lk/2022/05/sri-lanka-provisional-squads-for-the-australia-tour-of-sri-lanka-2022/

Media Release

20th May 2022

Sri Lanka Cricket Selection Committee selected the following provisional squads covering all formats of the game in order to prepare for the upcoming Australia Tour of Sri Lanka 2022.

Provisional Test Squad

Dimuth Karunaratne – Captain, Pathum Nissanka, Kamil Mishara, Oshada Fernando, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Dhananjaya De Silva, Kamindu Mendis, Niroshan Dickwella, Dinesh Chandimal, Chamika Karunaratne, Ramesh Mendis, Mohamed Shiraz, Shiran Fernando, Dilshan Madushanka, Lahiru Kumara, Kasun Rajitha, Vishwa Fernando, Asitha Fernando, Jeffrey Vandersay, Lakshitha Rasanjana, Praveen Jayawickrama, Lasith Embuldeniya, Suminda Lakshan.

Provisional ODI Squad

Danushka Gunathilaka, Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dhananjaya De Silva, Dasun Shanaka – Captain, Ashen Bandara, Dinesh Chandimal, Niroshan Dickwella, Janith Liyanage, Dunith Wellalage, Dhananjaya Lakshan, Sahan Arachchi, Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Lahiru Madushanka, Ramesh Mendis, Dushmantha Chameera, Binura Fernando, Dilshan Madushanka, Lahiru Kumara, Kasun Rajitha, Jeffrey Vandersay, Maheesh Theekshana, Praveen Jayawickrama.

Provisional T20 Squad

Danushka Guanathilaka, Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka – Captain, Ashen Bandara, Niroshan Dickwella, Dunith Wellalage, Dhananjaya Lakshan, Sahan Aarachchi, Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Lahiru Madushanka, Ramesh Mendis, Dushmantha Chameera, Binura Fernando, Matheesha Pathirana, Nuwan Thushara, Kasun Rajitha, Nipun Malinga
Lahiru Kumara, Jeffrey Vandersay, Maheesh Theekshana, Praveen Jayawickrama, Lakshan Sandakan.

https://www.thepapare.com/sri-lanka-provisional-test-odi-and-t20i-squads-vs-australia-2022/?fbclid=IwAR0ofoYd_9NQJHvAQMpPZg85dJ4ornq_eNlzh9Ix-Sq9cH2Iq9FV_w4Nn6Y

DATE MATCH VENUE
7th June 01st T20I R. Premadasa International Stadium, Colombo

8th June 02nd T20I R. Premadasa International Stadium, Colombo

11th June 03rd T20I Pallekelle International Stadium, Kandy

14th June 01st ODI Pallekelle International Stadium, Kandy

16th June 02nd ODI Pallekelle International Stadium, Kandy

19th June 03rd ODI R. Premadasa International Stadium, Colombo

21st June 04th ODI R. Premadasa International Stadium, Colombo

24th June 05th ODI R. Premadasa International Stadium, Colombo

29th June to 3rd July 01st Test Galle International Cricket Stadium

08th to 12th July 02nd Test Galle International Cricket Stadium

RE: Sri Lanka Cricket Discussion Thread - Bada - 05-25-2022

https://www.newswire.lk/2022/05/25/some-australian-cricketers-raise-ethical-concerns-over-sl-tour/

RE: Sri Lanka Cricket Discussion Thread - Bada - 05-25-2022

It's believed some players have stated unease about the morals around touring Sri Lanka in the current circumstances.

For instance, the three-match Twenty20 series will be played under lights in the capital of Colombo, in a nation where there are rolling power cuts.

It’s believed there was some recent consideration those matches could be changed to day games, but that has not yet been confirmed.

The team will also be moving across the nation for ODIs to be played in Pallekele before the Test in Galle, at a time of significant fuel shortages.

The Australian Cricketers Association is aware of the concerns of some players, but CEO Todd Greenberg said there was no suggestion its members would not tour.

“The players are very aware of the situation in Sri Lanka and it’s fair to say there is a level of discomfort around touring in conditions that contrast those faced by the people of Sri Lanka, such as rising food prices, power cuts, and fuel rationing,” Greenberg told AAP.

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - stillwill - 05-27-2022

They are scared of what happens if a violent breaks out. The whole caring is just a bs to say avoid saying that they are scared. Hope the series doesnt get cancelled, should play in India or somewhere like that instead.

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - pj57 - 05-27-2022

I think the series will go ahead unless something unforeseen happens in the next few days.

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - pj57 - 05-30-2022

Australia Test Squad: Pat Cummins ©, Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - mugatiya - 05-30-2022

(05-27-2022, 10:20 PM)pj57 Wrote:  I think the series will go ahead unless something unforeseen happens in the next few days.

Yea especially if they are sending the A team ahead of this tour

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - pj57 - 05-31-2022

(05-30-2022, 11:26 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(05-27-2022, 10:20 PM)pj57 Wrote:  I think the series will go ahead unless something unforeseen happens in the next few days.

Yea especially if they are sending the A team ahead of this tour

Both teams are coming at the same time.

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - VP - 05-31-2022

(05-31-2022, 12:31 AM)pj57 Wrote:  
(05-30-2022, 11:26 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  Yea especially if they are sending the A team ahead of this tour

Both teams are coming at the same time.

Thel higayakda Oz wala?

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - stillwill - 05-31-2022

The T20 series should be interesting. They should make the pitch spin friendly, especially when Theekshana and Hasaranga bowling. The Aussies aren't the ones to go on the defense, so Hasaranga and Theekshana can trouble the Aussie batsmen. The Aussies also have a good pace attack and overall this is a good Aussie team. The issue is with SL's batting. The SL batsmen still do low IQ shit and on top you gotta worry about the pace from the Aussies. Not many batsmen have it to play at the international stage. Avishka and KJP are out. This is my line up. The keeping position is going to fk it up. Kusal Mendis has to come in for DG or asalanka. BR can keep to but I think he will struggle vs Theekshana. Hasaranga's line is different, so that's okay.

Nissanka
DG/KM(only cause missing a WK)
Asalanka
BR
Mathews
Shanaka
Chamika
Hasaranga
Chameera
Theekshana
Pathirana