Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: Cricket Talk (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sri Lanka Cricket (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=3067)

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - VP - 06-06-2022

(06-06-2022, 01:03 PM)pj57 Wrote:  
(06-06-2022, 12:58 PM)VP Wrote:  Conditions: batting friendly tracks. Hit and Giggle cricket is entertainment. This ain't Test cricket PJ.

Don't talk crap when you don't have any idea what you are talking about. The pitch could be tacky and slow with all the continuous rain Colombo has been having in the last week or so.

Pijantha, I was talking of the WC tracks.

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - pj57 - 06-06-2022

(06-06-2022, 01:04 PM)VP Wrote:  
(06-06-2022, 01:03 PM)pj57 Wrote:  Don't talk crap when you don't have any idea what you are talking about. The pitch could be tacky and slow with all the continuous rain Colombo has been having in the last week or so.

Pijantha, I was talking of the WC tracks.

ඒකතමයි කියන්නේ කොහෙද යන්නෙ මල්ලේ පොල් කියලා. I was talking of the track for tomorrow's t20 in Colombo.

(06-06-2022, 01:09 PM)pj57 Wrote:  
(06-06-2022, 01:04 PM)VP Wrote:  Pijantha, I was talking of the WC tracks.

ඒකතමයි කියන්නේ කොහෙද යන්නෙ මල්ලේ පොල් කියලා. I was talking of the track for tomorrow's t20 in Colombo.

Mokada mamey kurutu gee walin weda eka patama? Big Grin

(06-06-2022, 01:11 PM)VP Wrote:  
(06-06-2022, 01:09 PM)pj57 Wrote:  ඒකතමයි කියන්නේ කොහෙද යන්නෙ මල්ලේ පොල් කියලා. I was talking of the track for tomorrow's t20 in Colombo.

Mokada mamey kurutu gee walin weda eka patama?  Big Grin

Naki kalu suddhata Sinhalath amathaka wela wagey.

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - slcricfan1 - 06-06-2022

(06-06-2022, 12:47 PM)pj57 Wrote:  
(06-06-2022, 12:28 PM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  Obviously I don't have a solution which is why we need to test players. Even the selectors don't seem to have a solution. Kusal Mendis has repeatedly failed at 3, 4 and 5. Did you not see the stats? We can push literally any of the other batters into the spot. I don't even mind if Gunathilika plays at 4 but not breaking the opening pair.

The reason it was Nissanka and Gunathilika opening was because Kusal Mendis was injured

The last opening pair was Nissanka and Gunatillake and they should be given continuity and they put on 67 in the 2nd match against India. I guess they will try KM as keeper/bat at #4, they might bring Dickwella if he fails with the bat.

Gunathilaka batted like a madman in the second t20. He has tried the same approach around 10 times and its come off once. Most of his runs came off like one poor Jadeja over too. I would not be carrying Gunathilaka based upon that one innings. I know Kusal Mendis has only had the one innings too but he keeps and has performed well whenever he opens.

They do seem to be trying Mendis at 4 but I doubt it'll work. And Dickwella would be even worse I think. But I hope whatever they do does pull off. Personally, would like to see Gunathilaka at 4. WHen he played in Australia, he was timing the ball well but his shot selection was awful. Lower down the order, I feel like his dismissal would not affect the team as much. But I am cool with trying anyone. If Dickwella can perform at 4, it would be great.

DOes this mean KJP is completely out?

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - slcricfan1 - 06-06-2022

(06-06-2022, 12:53 PM)pj57 Wrote:  
(06-06-2022, 12:45 PM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  Not really. The world cup matters much more and playing a third spinner while he might have an outside chance of affecting the series result would not have as much impact as blooding a  back up seamer

You are just arguing for the sake of it without understanding the conditions. Why blood a quick if the conditions are not favorable, all you will do is dent his confidence.

What if the fast bowler does well? Experience never hurts. And if his confidence is dented that easily, he is not fit for international cricket no? A fast bowler in t20 has a very difficult high pressure job and must always be able to bounce back

(06-06-2022, 01:14 PM)pj57 Wrote:  
(06-06-2022, 01:11 PM)VP Wrote:  Mokada mamey kurutu gee walin weda eka patama?  Big Grin

Naki kalu suddhata Sinhalath amathaka wela wagey.

Apita kawadawath apey mawu basawa amathaka wenney na kohey hitiyath.

(06-06-2022, 01:19 PM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  
(06-06-2022, 12:47 PM)pj57 Wrote:  The last opening pair was Nissanka and Gunatillake and they should be given continuity and they put on 67 in the 2nd match against India. I guess they will try KM as keeper/bat at #4, they might bring Dickwella if he fails with the bat.

Gunathilaka batted like a madman in the second t20. He has tried the same approach around 10 times and its come off once. Most of his runs came off like one poor Jadeja over too. I would not be carrying Gunathilaka based upon that one innings. I know Kusal Mendis has only had the one innings too but he keeps and has performed well whenever he opens.

They do seem to be trying Mendis at 4 but I doubt it'll work. And Dickwella would be even worse I think. But I hope whatever they do does pull off. Personally, would like to see Gunathilaka at 4. WHen he played in Australia, he was timing the ball well but his shot selection was awful. Lower down the order, I feel like his dismissal would not affect the team as much. But I am cool with trying anyone. If Dickwella can perform at 4, it would be great.

DOes this mean KJP is completely out?

We are all speculating here, aren't we? We have gone to the extent of saying it's OK to try anyone. That is because we have been so poor in this format. For me, it's not about Gunathilake or Mendis or any other individual, it's what is best for the team. We need a keeper and there is no point naming someone that is not in the squad.

KJP has still not recovered from his injury, not sure whether he will recover in time for the WC. Anyway he will have to play at least few matches before the WC to prove his fitness and ability to play.

(06-06-2022, 01:21 PM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  
(06-06-2022, 12:53 PM)pj57 Wrote:  You are just arguing for the sake of it without understanding the conditions. Why blood a quick if the conditions are not favorable, all you will do is dent his confidence.

What if the fast bowler does well? Experience never hurts. And if his confidence is dented that easily, he is not fit for international cricket no? A fast bowler in t20 has a very difficult high pressure job and must always be able to bounce back

There can be lot of IFS and BUTS but the game doesn't work like that. All I am saying is, we should play to our strengths and play the best XI that suits the conditions.

(06-06-2022, 01:21 PM)VP Wrote:  
(06-06-2022, 01:14 PM)pj57 Wrote:  Naki kalu suddhata Sinhalath amathaka wela wagey.

Apita kawadawath apey mawu basawa amathaka wenney na kohey hitiyath.

Blah Blah