Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: Cricket Talk (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sri Lanka Cricket (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=3067)

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - Keshan - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 12:04 PM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  
(07-11-2022, 11:44 AM)stillwill Wrote:  You also said you only started watching cricket after 2015 no ?

Folks, I think I found the curse of this team Ranja

Too real man.

Bloody hell I`m pissed about that first match`s pitch. We better not make the same mistake against the Pakis. Should be easily beating them I think. They have no spinners by my recollection. Yasir hasnt played for a while

First match we could have won imo even with that first innings total had we captained and bowled better.

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - slcricfan1 - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 12:14 PM)Keshan Wrote:  
(07-11-2022, 12:04 PM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  Too real man.

Bloody hell I`m pissed about that first match`s pitch. We better not make the same mistake against the Pakis. Should be easily beating them I think. They have no spinners by my recollection. Yasir hasnt played for a while

First match we could have won imo even with that first innings total had we captained and bowled better.

Very very annoying not to have a third match. We shouldve beat this rather bad Aussie team. They should not have won with 2 spinners. Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy

We definitely do deserve a third match. But Australia is not a bad team LOL. They are really good!

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - Randy - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 07:05 AM)kalu5678 Wrote:  Fortune smiled on Chandimal when Roshen took that flight to UK. If he did not very likely he would have played in BD instead of him. It's good that he has taken what may have been his last opportunity. Tough times can create tough men. 150 in Galle is not easy. Not many have. Chandimal has that 163 against India, another back to the wall innings

Lol

Who’s Rosehn compared to Chandimal?

Rosshen only had that 100 against Bangla and that match saving fifty in India.

Roshen isn’t even 10% of what Chandi is.

(07-11-2022, 12:17 PM)Keshan Wrote:  We definitely do deserve a third match. But Australia is not a bad team LOL. They are really good!

Only Smith is properly good at spin. Everyone else including Labuschagne has one weakness or another. Guy shouldve been stumped by dickwella. The bowling unit as shown by this match cant handle the average Lankan pitch. It was just that thelast one was so bad Travis head got a 5 for or something. How embarrasing was that

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - pj57 - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 12:19 PM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  
(07-11-2022, 12:17 PM)Keshan Wrote:  We definitely do deserve a third match. But Australia is not a bad team LOL. They are really good!

Only Smith is properly good at spin. Everyone else including Labuschagne has one weakness or another. Guy shouldve been stumped by dickwella. The bowling unit as shown by this match cant handle the average Lankan pitch. It was just that thelast one was so bad Travis head got a 5 for or something. How embarrasing was that

No way this Australian team is a bad one. They are an all round good team. They are on top of the ICC test rankings and also WTC.

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - stillwill - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 12:04 PM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  
(07-11-2022, 11:44 AM)stillwill Wrote:  You also said you only started watching cricket after 2015 no ?

Folks, I think I found the curse of this team Ranja

Too real man.

You trying to Jinx bro ? Scared

SL players are weird. They look very good at times and they look mediocre asf lol the other time. I haven't followed Pakistan cricket much, I have no idea how their spinners are. Anyone know ?

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - Randy - 07-11-2022

This is our first innings wins against Australia in Tests. How many teams have beaten AUS by an innings in Tests before?

(07-11-2022, 12:19 PM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  

hahaha you are on the edge of the extremes of either side.

Earlier was so sad and worried about SL's performances and we can beat Pakistan and take over the world Big Grin

But yeah Sorry don't agree with you here.

They are a really good team.

Its the typical Galle pitch where it goes crazy on Day 4 and 5.

With runs also on the board and the added pressure of facing spin with fielders shouting from everywhere, its going to be always hard...

You saw how India folded when there was scoreboard pressure on last couple of days in India.

The game becomes something else as the match wears on. That's why tests are so fascinating.

And that's why we were screaming for fielders around the bat and more pressure from Dimuth, because they would have folded even sooner.

(07-11-2022, 01:31 PM)Keshan Wrote:  
(07-11-2022, 12:19 PM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  Only Smith is properly good at spin. Everyone else including Labuschagne has one weakness or another. Guy shouldve been stumped by dickwella. The bowling unit as shown by this match cant handle the average Lankan pitch. It was just that thelast one was so bad Travis head got a 5 for or something. How embarrasing was that

hahaha you are on the edge of the extremes of either side.

Earlier was so sad and worried about SL's performances and we can beat Pakistan and take over the world Big Grin

But yeah Sorry don't agree with you here.

They are a really good team.

Its the typical Galle pitch where it goes crazy on Day 4 and 5.

With runs also on the board and the added pressure of facing spin with fielders shouting from everywhere, its going to be always hard...

You saw how India folded when there was scoreboard pressure on last couple of days in India.

The game becomes something else as the match wears on. That's why tests are so fascinating.

And that's why we were screaming for fielders around the bat and more pressure from Dimuth, because they would have folded even sooner.

The whining abt the SL games in the previous match was to jinx. Was doing this in the odi and t20 series too. BUt I have given up since it did not work last game. Sad