Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: Cricket Talk (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sri Lanka Cricket (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=3067)

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - mugatiya - 06-14-2022

(06-14-2022, 03:17 PM)JamisBanda Wrote:  Someone gives a friendly half wave/smile from the boundary and people over analysing it far too much.

That's exactly how I felt.

VP is ready to Knight Smith and Warner over what the majority of the boundary rider fielders do Dodgy

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - VP - 06-14-2022

(06-14-2022, 11:26 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(06-14-2022, 03:17 PM)JamisBanda Wrote:  Someone gives a friendly half wave/smile from the boundary and people over analysing it far too much.

That's exactly how I felt.

VP is ready to Knight Smith and Warner over what the majority of the boundary rider fielders do  Dodgy

Not white boys "mite" Smile

I think the IPL has changed that mentality and etc for the better. An observation.

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - Perthman - 06-15-2022

(06-14-2022, 11:24 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  Chameera doesn't look right to me. Not sure if he's trying new things with Malinga or not but he just seems off. After a very good year last year he's struggling big time. Hope he can find his form before the WC Sad

He really needs a break . Just been playing non stop for the last few months.

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - pj57 - 06-15-2022

(06-14-2022, 11:27 PM)VP Wrote:  
(06-14-2022, 11:26 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  That's exactly how I felt.

VP is ready to Knight Smith and Warner over what the majority of the boundary rider fielders do  Dodgy

Not white boys "mite" Smile

I think the IPL has changed that mentality and etc for the better. An observation.

Maybe not the uppity white boys from the Old Blighty but Aussie blokes are much more friendlier.

(06-14-2022, 11:24 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  Chameera doesn't look right to me. Not sure if he's trying new things with Malinga or not but he just seems off. After a very good year last year he's struggling big time. Hope he can find his form before the WC Sad

I think this loss of form goes back to the second half of the IPL. He was good in the first half but faded off in the second and it has continued here, first in the T20 series and now yesterday. His first two overs yesterday was good bowling at speeds over 144 km/h but then started bowling all over the place. Hope he can get his rhythm back quickly, too important to miss out.

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - mugatiya - 06-15-2022

(06-15-2022, 12:14 AM)pj57 Wrote:  

I think this loss of form goes back to the second half of the IPL. He was good in the first half but faded off in the second and it has continued here, first in the T20 series and now yesterday. His first two overs yesterday was good  bowling at speeds over 144 km/h but then started bowling all over the place. Hope he can get his rhythm back quickly, too important to miss out.

Cheers, I didn't follow the IPL so wasn't aware he had lost form there.

As Ishan said I think he needs a break too.

With Chameera, the biggest issue is that he's a hit the deck bowler. Doesn't really get much movement and very rarely swings it (if at all). So he needs to get his length and line spot on every bowl. Basically needs to turn himself into someone like Hazza or Cummins if he wants to succeed long term.

The pace and a nice bouncer that troubles batters once in a while is good for the highlights reel but he needs to be a wicket-taker and someone who drives our attack from ball one and sets the pace. More than anything he needs to show that he is reliable 90% of the time. Right now its more like 60-70%. Not good enough.

Hope he can turn it around.

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - stillwill - 06-15-2022

(06-15-2022, 01:40 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(06-15-2022, 12:14 AM)pj57 Wrote:  I think this loss of form goes back to the second half of the IPL. He was good in the first half but faded off in the second and it has continued here, first in the T20 series and now yesterday. His first two overs yesterday was good  bowling at speeds over 144 km/h but then started bowling all over the place. Hope he can get his rhythm back quickly, too important to miss out.

Cheers, I didn't follow the IPL so wasn't aware he had lost form there.

As Ishan said I think he needs a break too.

With Chameera, the biggest issue is that he's a hit the deck bowler. Doesn't really get much movement and very rarely swings it (if at all). So he needs to get his length and line spot on every bowl. Basically needs to turn himself into someone like Hazza or Cummins if he wants to succeed long term.

The pace and a nice bouncer that troubles batters once in a while is good for the highlights reel but he needs to be a wicket-taker and someone who drives our attack from ball one and sets the pace. More than anything he needs to show that he is reliable 90% of the time. Right now its more like 60-70%. Not good enough.

Hope he can turn it around.

I kinda stopped following Super Giants matches. I watched his earlier matches and he was good. It could gave been 2 months of practice, match, practice routine that got to him. You gotta remember that the IPL team consists of 7 domestic players, so these guys aren't like the Aussie team. Chameera looked like he had intention in the earlier part of IPL. Hopoe he finds his rhythm.

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - Randy - 06-15-2022

Why can’t we play 2 genuine bowlers.

Asitha Fernando is the guy that Damith is looking for. Even Rajitha is a good option. Rajitha is more of a swing bowler than Asitha.

I hope Asith gets a game tomorrow. He bowled well last Test series in Bangladesh. He’s generally consistent with his lines and lengths. Hasn’t playrd a lot of white ball cricket. It’s worth taking a punt.

Hasaranga might sit out of the next game. We have plenty of spin options. I prefer seeing a genuine pacer to complement Chameera

RE: Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - mugatiya - 06-15-2022

Agree, since Lahiru has kinda of faded away (is he injured) definitely want to see someone with some decent pace hitting good lengths early on. Spinners won't be able to do all the work in AU.

Asitha has played only 3 ODIs for no wickets with a economy of nearly 7, so he is rookie in the format. That said, Asitha with his current form is a good prospect. Rajitha is injured, I think. I also prefer trying out two genuine fast bowlers.