Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
Australia A team tour of Sri Lanka - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: Cricket Talk (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sri Lanka Cricket (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Australia A team tour of Sri Lanka (/showthread.php?tid=3068)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Australia A team tour of Sri Lanka - Randy - 06-14-2022

(06-14-2022, 10:46 AM)pj57 Wrote:  I guess Bandara should be in the ODI squad but who is he going to replace in the playing XI, Asalanka? DdS?

Definitely he can be part of the ODI squad. Asalanka is one of our best bats in the format. I am not talking about slotting him in the Final XI straightaway, but at least he should be in our squads.

Asalanka at 5
Shanaka at 6

Ashen Bandara could be a handy 7/8, or even come in at 4. Definitely should in the reckoning for LOI squads.

RE: Australia A team tour of Sri Lanka - slcricfan1 - 06-14-2022

(06-14-2022, 11:08 AM)Randy Wrote:  
(06-14-2022, 10:46 AM)pj57 Wrote:  I guess Bandara should be in the ODI squad but who is he going to replace in the playing XI, Asalanka? DdS?

Definitely he can be part of the ODI squad. Asalanka is one of our best bats in the format. I am not talking about slotting him in the Final XI straightaway, but at least he should be in our squads.

Asalanka at 5
Shanaka at 6

Ashen Bandara could be a handy 7/8, or even come in at 4. Definitely should in the reckoning for LOI squads.

Fair enough. After all didnt Kohli see something in him

RE: Australia A team tour of Sri Lanka - pj57 - 06-14-2022

Australia A, from 98/5 to 379 all out at the close of day 1. That's a great effort from them and our guys again failing to finish off an innings. Four wickets to Dilshan Madushanka and three wickets each to Manasinghe and Suminda Lakshan.

RE: Australia A team tour of Sri Lanka - stillwill - 06-14-2022

(06-14-2022, 10:05 AM)Randy Wrote:  
(06-12-2022, 10:12 PM)stillwill Wrote:  I agree with Dilz on this one. I don't see anything special in Bandara. He might be like Shehan Jayasuriya who was statistically the best SL A player in ODIS but fails at international stage. Whatever it is, I dont see anything special in him.  Bandara  also has to take either Chamika, Shanaka or Hasaranga's spot.   Definitely not happening with Shanaka and Hasaranga . Chamika is a fighter, he also comes and goes from the get go. No spot in ODI for him.

We all know what happened last time you two talked about a player, and how he ended up being the no.1 T20I bowler.

On Ashen Bandara, I don't understand why he was dropped from ODI squads. We probably got carried away and played him too soon in T20Is.

I think Bandara definitely has the potential to become a decent LOI bat.

Why should he take Shanaka and Hasarangas spot? He doesn't even bowl, LOL. He does bowl a little bit of leg spin. He can slot in higher than Shanaka and Hasarang, who currenlty play at 6/7 or 7/8 depending on the conditons. So definitely Ashen can slot in higher up.

I definitely got Hasaranga wrong. But I also backed Shanaka. I still back Kamindu Mendis. Anyway Bandara is a middle order batsmen right ? He isn't going to bat up above Shanaka. You want a batsmen that can generally bat everywhere. What's his stats on overseas tour in tougher condition ? Anyway, Im not writing him off completely. If he continues to puts on consistent performance, he should definitely get chances.

(06-14-2022, 11:48 AM)stillwill Wrote:  
(06-14-2022, 10:05 AM)Randy Wrote:  We all know what happened last time you two talked about a player, and how he ended up being the no.1 T20I bowler.

On Ashen Bandara, I don't understand why he was dropped from ODI squads. We probably got carried away and played him too soon in T20Is.

Why should he take Shanaka and Hasarangas spot? He doesn't even bowl, LOL. He does bowl a little bit of leg spin. He can slot in higher than Shanaka and Hasarang, who currenlty play at 6/7 or 7/8 depending on the conditons. So definitely Ashen can slot in higher up.

I definitely got Hasaranga wrong. But I also backed Shanaka. I still back Kamindu Mendis. Anyway Bandara is a middle order batsmen right ? He isn't going to bat up above Shanaka. You want a batsmen that can generally bat everywhere. What's his stats on overseas tour in tougher condition ? Anyway, Im not writing him off completely. If he continues to puts on consistent performance, he should definitely get chances.

You got to be bloody kidding me. Has he even played 10 ODIs, to be part of tough, overseas conditions?

He looked more than decent during his debut ODI tour to Windies as a lower-middle-order bat.

Made 2 fifties in 5 games, and still got dropped for absolutely no reason. Just pathetic selections.

(06-14-2022, 11:48 AM)stillwill Wrote:  
(06-14-2022, 10:05 AM)Randy Wrote:  We all know what happened last time you two talked about a player, and how he ended up being the no.1 T20I bowler.

Lmao what do you mean?

You want a batsman that can bat everywhere? As in every batting position? What nonsense is that.

Smith bat at 3 and Labu at 4 in ODIs. In Tests, it's other way around.

(06-14-2022, 02:02 PM)Randy Wrote:  
(06-14-2022, 11:48 AM)stillwill Wrote:  I definitely got Hasaranga wrong. But I also backed Shanaka. I still back Kamindu Mendis. Anyway Bandara is a middle order batsmen right ? He isn't going to bat up above Shanaka. You want a batsmen that can generally bat everywhere. What's his stats on overseas tour in tougher condition ? Anyway, Im not writing him off completely. If he continues to puts on consistent performance, he should definitely get chances.

Lmao what do you mean?

You want a batsman that can bat everywhere? As in every batting position? What nonsense is that.

Referring to a floater maybe? Does Steve smith count. Mr fix it or something

(06-14-2022, 02:06 PM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  
(06-14-2022, 02:02 PM)Randy Wrote:  Lmao what do you mean?

Referring to a floater maybe? Does Steve smith count. Mr fix it or something

Thats only in t20 though

RE: Australia A team tour of Sri Lanka - VP - 06-14-2022

(06-14-2022, 02:02 PM)Randy Wrote:  Smith bat at 3 and Labu at 4 in ODIs. In Tests, it's other way around.

Do Aussies call him Lubba?