Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
Australia A team tour of Sri Lanka - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: Cricket Talk (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Sri Lanka Cricket (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Australia A team tour of Sri Lanka (/showthread.php?tid=3068)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Australia A team tour of Sri Lanka - Perthman - 06-15-2022

Kamindu gone for a duck Sad

RE: Australia A team tour of Sri Lanka - pj57 - 06-15-2022

Yeah, Kumindu missed a good opportunity to make runs against a strong opposition. SL A collapsed to 47/3 from 41/0. Nawanindu Fernando and Sadeera Samarawickrama has taken them to 95/3 at lunch.

SL A 228/6 at tea, still 151 behind with only 4 wickets in hand. Nawanidu Fernando, who has been in good form recently made 86. Earlier, he and Lahiru Udara who made 50 put on 93 for the 5th wicket.

SL A 250/8 at close on day 2, early end due to bad light. 71 overs bowled in the day.

RE: Australia A team tour of Sri Lanka - slcricfan1 - 06-15-2022

(06-14-2022, 11:31 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(05-31-2022, 03:59 AM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  Is it? Other than Travis HEad, and Handscomb, it doesn't seem too scary in the batting

(05-31-2022, 04:38 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  Renshaw, Phillipe, Harris, Maddison are pretty good

Cry

Lol even though none of them barring Phillipe performed, they still managed to accumulate so much

(06-15-2022, 05:40 AM)Perthman Wrote:  Kamindu gone for a duck Sad

Lol. Remember same kinda stuff happening to Pathum before West Indies or England or soemthing. Cant throw away these chances

(06-15-2022, 12:38 AM)pj57 Wrote:  
(06-15-2022, 12:07 AM)Cricfan Wrote:  Ashen Bandara is a half cricketer at best just like Ashan Priyanjan.  it was disappointing to see how he batted in Bangladesh. Also Lankan commies were saying he is a gun fielder. but I remember him dropping atleast 2 easy catches in WI and Bangla series. I would rather have Chamika & Dunith at 7/8 positions.

It's too early make a judgement like that and discarding him based on just two innings in BD after doing well in the West Indies with 2 fifties in ODI's and unbeaten 44 at a SR of 125 in the only t20 he played. You have to give him exposure and opportunities to see how he performs at the A team level and above. He did very well in both 50 over matches against Australia A, the unbeaten 73 in the second game was a match winner. Not saying he should be in the ODI playing XI at this stage but he deserves to be in the squad.

Deserves to be in the squad? Intresting. We got heaps of batters fighting for selection now. Danushka, Mendis, Asalanka, Pathum, Avishka, Dhananjaya and Bhanuka. Can Ashen really displace any of these guys? Especially since KJP and Dickwella are also there. I know you mean at this series but realistically does Ashen have a chance of breaking into the xi in this next year?

Nuwanindu is being very impressive

(06-15-2022, 02:17 PM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  
(06-15-2022, 12:38 AM)pj57 Wrote:  It's too early make a judgement like that and discarding him based on just two innings in BD after doing well in the West Indies with 2 fifties in ODI's and unbeaten 44 at a SR of 125 in the only t20 he played. You have to give him exposure and opportunities to see how he performs at the A team level and above. He did very well in both 50 over matches against Australia A, the unbeaten 73 in the second game was a match winner. Not saying he should be in the ODI playing XI at this stage but he deserves to be in the squad.

Deserves to be in the squad? Intresting. We got heaps of batters fighting for selection now. Danushka, Mendis, Asalanka, Pathum, Avishka, Dhananjaya and Bhanuka. Can Ashen really displace any of these guys? Especially since KJP and Dickwella are also there. I know you mean at this series but realistically does Ashen have a chance of breaking into the xi in this next year?

In the squad doesn't necessarily mean you get to play regularly but if he keeps performing at A team level, who knows? Names can be mentioned but it depends on how they perform.

RE: Australia A team tour of Sri Lanka - slcricfan1 - 06-16-2022

(06-15-2022, 11:32 PM)pj57 Wrote:  
(06-15-2022, 02:17 PM)slcricfan1 Wrote:  Deserves to be in the squad? Intresting. We got heaps of batters fighting for selection now. Danushka, Mendis, Asalanka, Pathum, Avishka, Dhananjaya and Bhanuka. Can Ashen really displace any of these guys? Especially since KJP and Dickwella are also there. I know you mean at this series but realistically does Ashen have a chance of breaking into the xi in this next year?

In the squad doesn't necessarily mean you get to play regularly but if he keeps performing at A team level, who knows? Names can be mentioned but it depends on how they perform.

Do we have any more A team series after this? Because if Ashen doesn`t get a chance, I doubt he could knock any of the names I said off. Maybe Bhanuka and KJP if he really is finished. Dickwella and Kamindu even are probably ahead